You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool are frightened of us!

RSM

Rafael - Reds running scared

Dutchman thinks Liverpool are 'frightened' of Real Madrid

Real Madrid midfielder Rafael van der Vaart believes that Liverpool will be scared when the two sides meet each other in the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League.

The Spanish giants face Liverpool in a clash between two of the most successful club sides in football history.

However, the Holland international thinks that Madrid will have a psychological advantage even before the first-leg kicks-off.

"We're Real Madrid, which is why I think Liverpool are frightened of us. We have great players. It's going to be a great tie," he told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"The team is working hard to be in perfect shape. We're anxious to do well in Europe, and if we end up as champions I will be capable of anything. I will do anything to win the Champions League."

Bench

The 26-year-old has recently been relegated to the Real Madrid substitutes' bench, but he does not think his form has deteriorated badly.

"Everything was going well at the beginning of the season. I had a great feeling. I don't think I was playing poorly, but I was benched for a few matches," he added.

"It's not easy to get used to being a reserve because I had been a starter throughout most of my career."

Van der Vaart moved from German side Hamburg to Madrid in the summer of 2008 and is hoping to stay at the Bernabeu for some time yet.

"I signed for five years, but I hope to be here many more years," he said.

"I want to be an important part of Real Madrid's history and win many titles. That's what I've always dreamed about."

We're Liverpool.

And the last time we played you in this competition you had your arse handed to you on a great big permed, mustachioed, Geordie platter.

Now fuck off you tulip munching, clog wearing, windmill raping, shitehawk.

Apologies to the dutch nation for stereotyping you all.

Edited by Dicko

People shouldn't take Real lightly. Ramos has been preparing especially for the game against us, hence the more defensive nature of their play and improved defensive record since he took charge.

It will not be an open tie.

I agree. Schuster's Madrid would have been perfect for us, they threw numbers forward and were a joke at the back, especially against the counter attack. I was pretty gutted when they sacked him. Although I still fancy us strongly.