god knows

Liverpool Echo Letters

It was a letter from a Terence Villiers about our 'slandering' Kirkby with the sock robbers thing & saying he'd written to the club to complain.

Just assumed it was a sad bluenose. Wasn't it ?

It was a letter from a Terence Villiers about our 'slandering' Kirkby with the sock robbers thing & saying he'd written to the club to complain.

Just assumed it was a sad bluenose. Wasn't it ?

Some bluenose nugget was goin on to me about the socks thing in work the other day, he was fumin - oh made me laugh to myself

2 face bastards yer captains a manc

There you go people. Enjoy.

Sock it to the Kopites

I AM outraged at Liverpool fans using my town as the butt of a joke to insult other football fans.

To insinuate that the citizens of Kirkby are "sock robbers" is, in my opinion, inexcusable.

My neighbours and I have no wish to steal socks whatsoever, as they are available to purchase at most outlets for a very reasonable price.

I hope the ECHO and its readers will back me in my condemnation of these mindless morons who have besmirched the great name of this lovely town.

I have already forwarded my complaints on to Liverpool FC.

Terence Villiers, a proud Kirkby dweller

There you go people. Enjoy.

Sock it to the Kopites

I AM outraged at Liverpool fans using my town as the butt of a joke to insult other football fans.

To insinuate that the citizens of Kirkby are "sock robbers" is' date=' in my opinion, inexcusable.

My neighbours and I have no wish to steal socks whatsoever, as they are available to purchase at most outlets for a very reasonable price.

I hope the ECHO and its readers will back me in my condemnation of these mindless morons who have besmirched the great name of this lovely town.

I have already forwarded my complaints on to Liverpool FC.

Terence Villiers, a proud Kirkby dweller[/quote']

Re-reading it Dougie , I was probably a bit dense ( and used to Blues being tits ) and can see it ( especially the 3rd paragraph ) does seem to be a reasonable piss-take.

Re-reading it Dougie , I was probably a bit dense ( and used to Blues being tits ) and can see it ( especially the 3rd paragraph ) does seem to be a reasonable piss-take.

See page 12 picture of Bill Shankly

"Terence Villiers" cracked me up on it's own. It's a quality piss-ripping that.

(Edit: If only he could have got away with using "besmirchified" instead for added chuckles - they'd probably have clocked that though.)

a bluenose mate of mine was always doing that. he used to write to Tommy Smith as a Liverpool fan who didn't think the BS got enough credit etc etc.

they were really funny but the payoff was he always signed it with another mate's name who is a red.

still funny years later

years ago some fella used to write piss take letters to the footy echo as Banjo Herns, an anagram of John Barnes. It took the Echo ages to twig.

Somebody also wrote in as Ian Curtis from Maclesfield....Wonder who that could have been?