You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wee Football Trivia Question

The Celtic Way

Guest ShoePiss
Which German International played in the J-leaugue having won the world cup and finished runner-up twice?

hmm has to be someone spanning 82-90 Matthaus?

No.

He didn't win an All Ireland medal for Meath, I done my research.

He won a Schools medal for the Irish college he was staying at.

sorry,i got asked this in the pub a few weeks back.the fella that told me said it was 100% right.i'll do my research before posting questions on here in future.

*hangs head in shame*

What a load of bollox. Xabi played for Meath me hole. Where did you hear this?

as i said in the pub i got asked the question,my bad for believing the fella who asked me.

i also didnt like the fact that xabi has a meath jersey.oh and i seen in an interview that he loves county meath.the only good thing about meath is the roads out of it.

sorry,i got asked this in the pub a few weeks back.the fella that told me said it was 100% right.i'll do my research before posting questions on here in future.

*hangs head in shame*

as i said in the pub i got asked the question,my bad for believing the fella who asked me.

i also didnt like the fact that xabi has a meath jersey.oh and i seen in an interview that he loves county meath.the only good thing about meath is the roads out of it.

If i ever meet the lad I'll set him on the right path. Maybe he should come and watch us knock Meath out of the championship in June.

Look fellas, if Xabi Alonso wanted an All Ireland or a leading roll in Riverdance he'd just have to click his fingers and he'd do it. Xabi rules and could do anything and everything, he just doesn't have time.

So to all intents and purposes, he is the only player to have won the champions league and an all Ireland.

we did question him,he swore blind it was true.plus i knew xabi lived in meath as an exchange student so i thought he was telling the truth.

anyway xabi could have easily played inter county gaelic at minor level with his ability,even just to take the frees.

think your making too much of a deal of it anyway,i got a question wrong big deal.

we did question him,he swore blind it was true.plus i knew xabi lived in meath as an exchange student so i thought he was telling the truth.

anyway xabi could have easily played inter county gaelic at minor level with his ability,even just to take the frees.

think your making too much of a deal of it anyway,i got a question wrong big deal.

I'm not. I demand that the fella that told you that be shot dead until he's dead from it.

instead of picking on me,annoy that celtic way fella.he claimed he seen that xabi won an all ireland medal on a programme on tv.

i believed a fella that was bullshitting,he said he seen it on tele which he couldn't have.

He's a Celtic fan and therefore a bit "special" so he can be forgiven. You're a red and should know better. Therefore you are getting picked on and will continue to be picked on until the bloke who told you this is killed to death.

haha.

i'll hunt the cunt down today and give him a slow and painful death.

In the notes after the Xabi article it also mentioned that Antonio Nunez lived in Ballybrack ( which I believe is in Dublin ? ) for a year or so as a teenager.

Convince the quizmaster that Tony N also got an All -Ireland & sit back and watch the pub rise up & murder him for taking the piss.

Moves you down to 'accessory' at worst.

• 4 weeks later...
Which player has scored for Man U against Liverpool, for Liverpool against Manchester United, has won the Premiership with a London club, and has won trophies in Italy, Spain, and Scotland, but has not played for his native country?

great question its doing my head in though...

i think he won a county medal for a club in meath, not sure what age group! i remember seeing him interviewed about it ages ago

Which player has scored for Man U against Liverpool, for Liverpool against Manchester United, has won the Premiership with a London club, and has won trophies in Italy, Spain, and Scotland, but has not played for his native country?

Ince? No?

Ince? No?

dont think so, he didnt win the league at west ham. I think it might be an obscure united player who scored an oggie for us, and won the european cup with them on that balmy night in barcelona. David May? nah he didnt win a premiership. i give up on this one