You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boycott Setanta.

ScottyT

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest,I have the full sky package and I have refused to pay anymore,Sentana are shit,,the saturday night away games I watch on the tinternet on stream on a 17 inch pc monitor its fuckin boss and there are pundits on there who you dont even know its macca/sherwood free. fuck sentanta

Wasn't too bad, to be honest. I tend to hate all announcers on whatever channel when my team is losing. When Fernando scored everything was right with the world again.

Why do the cameras on Setanta always seem like they're shooting from outer space though? Players always seem smaller on Setanta telecasts....

I have to say I thought Setanta crossed the line into open impartiality today. Burley & Sherwood are terrible and went into outright hostility toward rafa today that was bang out of order.

Claridge as well saying people would have been made up with Liverpool getting beat because of the way we've behaved the last week.

What the fuck is he on about? Since when has Robbie Keane been a Sacred Cow?

I find it odd when some people seem to think it's fine to have to pay to watch a match and then turn the sound down and listen to the radio instead in order to avoid witless and biased punditry. If I pay to watch a match on TV I expect decent coverage. Setanta's indulging of Tim Sherwood is outrageous. It's a shoddy product being foisted on to subscribers.

So when you're not at the game, how do you watch it?

No offence to you, mate, but I find that when people constantly bitch about the media, I find it embarassing. I found it really cringeworthy when people complained about Andy Gray last season when he wasn't giving us any credit.

So what if we're not people's cup of tea? I honestly couldn't give a shite.

I think the media are more important than you give credit. In terms of ideology, what is said by the media has an effect on the team over games, seasons and years, I think i'm bourn out by overwhelming evidence too.

Who gives a fuck what Tim Sherwood thinks? It seems like people are just looking to get pissed off half the time. So a shit former player who has become a shit coach and doesn't like the way we mark at free kicks. Who cares?

I get Setanta free but i wouldn't stop watching it cos of some prick pundit cos the only reason i'd have it on is to watch my team play.

I hate the way some of our fans kick off about everything cos it undermines the geniune gripes we have with people and organisations who we really have cause to hate.

The only reason the media have an effect is because fans let them. This thread and many others are the evidence.

Some fans are like small children running in tears to Mummy saying "Mummy, Andy Gray just said something horrible about me".

Has it ocurred to any of these children that their reactions could be what drive the media to come out with more crap? Or that their whining is why LFC supporters are now thought of as the biggest lot of whiners and moaners?

There are pundits out there who don't like LFC and won't hide it. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo. I'm happy to say when someone's talking shit but I won't get upset about it.

Chill out. Let them talk shit while we talk about the football.

The only reason the media have an effect is because fans let them. This thread and many others are the evidence.

Some fans are like small children running in tears to Mummy saying "Mummy, Andy Gray just said something horrible about me".

It's so true. A banker was telling me something very similar about the public reaction to the current financial situation. If only people responded to complete incompetence by growing a bit of backbone and ignoring it the world would be a much better place. Now where's my mute button...

LaurelHardyL_468x319.jpg

'This piano doesn't play a single note since you two idiots dropped it!'

'You didn't HAVE to buy it, yah fecking cry baby!'

Edited by gkmacca

Just do what i do then, get the team news of here and then turn the match on a couple mins before kick off, then turn over at half time and then turn off at full time. I dont need a couple of spazzies in the studio to tell me if we've played well or not.

LaurelHardyL_468x319.jpg

'Look I wanted a piano, and you two idiots have dropped it!'

'Why do you even like music? No one FORCED you! Why not do what we do when we buy a piano and two idiots drop it: we pretend we own a trumpet, or we listen to the radio, or take up gardening. No crying. I don't understand you people...'