You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So, Jay, as a prominent food critic what qualifies you to be on Questiontime? Well, NV, my Mummy is Claire Rayner. That's going to count for something?

Great reason why you're on and not the leading economists and scientists and lawyers and community leaders in the fucking country.

He's got the hate mails number though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He's got the hate mails number though.

Yeah, he does. That said, you get any half-intelligent fall off the street and he'll tell you what the Mail stand for. Filthy cunts.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't remember very much of what happened at University.

I think Phillips accused my lecturer of having an anti-Israel agenda.

I like your lecturer.

I like your lecturer.

Found this, albeit on Melanie Phillips' wiki page,  -

Phillips has commented on the politicisation of education, particularly at Aberystwyth University. In 2005, she said there was an "anti-Jewish witch-hunt going on in our seats of learning" with particular focus on Aberystwyth University, based on an anonymous student's testimony.[citation needed] In 2008, following further allegations (supported by documentary evidence) made by another anonymous student regarding the biased nature and reading list of a course on terrorism convened by politics lecturer Dr. Marie Breen Smyth, as well as allegations by the same student regarding bias against Israel by Breen Smyth and her colleague Dr. Richard Jackson, Phillips wrote to the Vice Chancellor of the University saying that Breen Smyth was a "subversive" who should not be allowed to teach. These accusations were denied by Breen Smyth.[23]

There really does need to be an alternative to question time, with educated analysis. Not instead of question time but another alternative. It would be nice to see actually informed people give an opinion on the how's and whys of today's society. Every week I see politicians talk on important subjects like they have read a headline and formed an opinion based on just that and how its fits their party line. I'm also tired of the blame game between the three parties when all three have been complicit in failure or the ignoring of major issues. Pandering to profit ahead of well being.

The West Bank isn't a state. But, yes, women are treated abysmally there by the Palestinian Authority too.

No it's not a state, its an occupied territory. Our do you need "scientific evidence" like you needed " scientific evidence" that benefit cuts are in the main responsible for forcing destitute people into using food banks?

No it's not a state, its an occupied territory. Our do you need "scientific evidence" like you needed " scientific evidence" that benefit cuts are in the main responsible for forcing destitute people into using food banks?

Yes, I know it's occupied, it's been consistently occupied for centuries by the Turks, British, Jordanians and latterly Israel.

I wish I knew what your point was.