You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I didn't see much of last nights, but I did see Campbell rip the fella from the Torygraph to pieces.

I'm not Campbells biggest fan, but that was awesome to watch. Just shows what somebody with a shred of intelligence and the confidence in their own knowledge can do when given the platform!

Exactly the same. I've been saying that for years about Campbell on here, always preceded by 'the guy is a cunt... but'. Labour really need somebody like him. 

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'd highly recommend his podcast with Rory Stewart.  

Yeah, I like listening to Rory Stewart, he's one of those Tories who is really intelligent and experienced and can actually make you think about things in a different way. I don't agree with all his politics, in fact a lot of them revile me, but there's no debate on him being a smart guy. I subscribed to the podcast today. 

1 hour ago, Preston Red said:

I swerve QT like the plague as I can't be doing with Bruce Fiona and its pandering to the Tory panellists and shitheads in the audience.

Towns like Barnsley and Hartlepool must have some serious Stockholm Syndrome pumped into their water supplies to not be able to see what is around them and how badly they've been left to rot. From being "the enemy within" they're now mega scabs that would step over a dying homeless person in the street as opposed to helping them.

I can't stand Bruce either. Since she took over I watched it once and turned it off and didn't watch again until the rail strike the other week (or was that only last week, it seems a lifetime ago) and then last night. No more though, I just can't stand it. She nullifies all my blood pressure meds in a heartbeat. 

• 2 months later...

Is the academy of ideas right wing?

"Our founder and director, Claire Fox, was publisher of LM (Living Marxism) and set up the Academy of Ideas when LM magazine was closed after a libel action in 2000. We are not associated with any particular political party."

Also, where is the bumf about Streeting wanting to privatise the NHS? All I can find is him saying he'd use private health providers to cut he waiting lists.

Is Gnasher peddling fake news? 

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

"Our founder and director, Claire Fox, was publisher of LM (Living Marxism) and set up the Academy of Ideas when LM magazine was closed after a libel action in 2000. We are not associated with any particular political party."

Also, where is the bumf about Streeting wanting to privatise the NHS? All I can find is him saying he'd use private health providers to cut he waiting lists.

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Claire Fox is a right wing loon. As for Streeting you can draw your own conclusions. 

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Claire Fox is a right wing loon. As for Streeting you can draw your own conclusions 

I don't know here but I'm only going by what's online, said she was: 

"An activist and organiser for the Revolutionary Communist Party.

After the 1993 Warrington bombing, which killed Tim Parry and Johnathan Ball, the Revolutionary Communist Party’s official newsletter stated that they defended ‘the right of the Irish people to take whatever measures necessary in their struggle for freedom’."

Just now, Section_31 said:

I don't know here but I'm only going by what's online, said she was: 

"An activist and organiser for the Revolutionary Communist Party.

After the 1993 Warrington bombing, which killed Tim Parry and Johnathan Ball, the Revolutionary Communist Party’s official newsletter stated that they defended ‘the right of the Irish people to take whatever measures necessary in their struggle for freedom’."

I don't know her past. I've seen her a few times on various shows and her veiws are certainly varied depending on the given subject.

As for Wes,  Nichols is probably referring to statements like below. 

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/wes-streeting-keirs-not-superman-he-cant-do-it-all-by-himself

So tonights panel is two from the centre, one tory, one right wing economist and another who's batshit crazy. 

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Used to be unmissable this now it's light entertainment. Turned it off last night. Bruce was the wrong choice.

The last 25 minutes of last night was mental, a big meaningless chat about ChatGPT followed by 9 minutes on a "Very important subject" about abuse in the fire service/police in which everyone was rushed to give quick answers.

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

The woman sticking up for Lee Anderson and demanding the death penalty, and the Vicar screaming about 'wokeness', were a delight.

There were actually some good points about Anderson and his right as an elected representative to express his views but the fact he has just been made Deputy Chairman of the Tories seem to pass them by.

• 3 months later...

Bad week for Leicester. Relegated on the Sunday and the BBC sends in a mob like this on a Thursday. Three far right tories; Britain's biggest grifter (although it'll be a bit entertaining if Monroe gives a demonstration on how to open a tin of Lidl baked beans with a hammer and bolster) and Jess Phillips as the icing on the cake. Add in Fiona Bruce and it'll make you reach for the cyanide pills. 

The BBC might think the LibDems and Greens have disbanded.