You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Was waiting for some idiot to have a go at Corbyn at the end, glad that didn't really happen and that a couple of people instead pointed out that he's actually at a homeless shelter (or on Christmas eve) instead of watching a speech most of the country don't watch anyway. It at least balances out so much of the crap we've seen from morning tv and other media about this earlier on.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

Was waiting for some idiot to have a go at Corbyn at the end, glad that didn't really happen and that someone instead pointed out that he's actually at a homeless shelter (or on Christmas eve) instead of watching a speech most of the country don't watch anyway. It at least balances out so much of the crap we've seen from morning tv about this earlier on.

It was almost as if Fiona Bruce was looking for it too. She must've said "one last comment" 3 or 4 times before seeming to realise that she wasn't getting an anti-Corbyn soundbite to end on. 

Ed Davey was good on Brexit. Then a bit rubbish after that. James Cleverly is really, really shit. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It was almost as if Fiona Bruce was looking for it too. She must've said "one last comment" 3 or 4 times before seeming to realise that she wasn't getting an anti-Corbyn soundbite to end on. 

Ed Davey was good on Brexit. Then a bit rubbish after that. James Cleverly is really, really shit. 

I know there is very little talent in the Tory Party but fuck me that Cleverley guy is an imbecile. His mien reminds me of that poor guy who wandered into the wrong BBC studio and got interviewed about a subject he knew nothing about.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Was thinking the same thing, glad it ended with people just saying decent things mainly. Good contrast to how they started with all the get Brexit done BS.

27 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I know there is very little talent in the Tory Party but fuck me that Cleverley guy is an imbecile. His mien reminds me of that poor guy who wandered into the wrong BBC studio and got interviewed about a subject he knew nothing about.

You think they have him, javid and Patel in the front line to ward off any suggestions of  racism, and they toe the line as they are three proper selfish arseholes.

I think Cleverly is one of their better ones. He is certainly not thick. He has the ability to answer a completely different question to the one he was asked with a complete lie, all while laughing at you and keeping a straight face at the same time. He is pure Tory.

• 1 month later...

Saw bits of it, Laurence Fox made me laugh because he was so laid back he seemed stoned! Mind you if I'd had 8 years shagging Billie Piper I'd be laid back too!

Helen Whately (Tory MP, think that was her surname) got laughed at when she tried to rouse a scouse audience in to looking forward to a Tory future! Shami Chakrabati seemed hassled, the SNP guy seemed ok, the other woman was a bit of a non-entity. It was all a bit of a non-event from what I saw of it!

Bruce was a cunt, for a change!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Saw bits of it, Laurence Fox made me laugh because he was so laid back he seemed stoned! Mind you if I'd had 8 years shagging Billie Piper I'd be laid back too!

Helen Whately (Tory MP, think that was her surname) got laughed at when she tried to rouse a scouse audience in to looking forward to a Tory future! Shami Chakrabati seemed hassled, the SNP guy seemed ok, the other woman was a bit of a non-entity. It was all a bit of a non-event from what I saw of it!

Bruce was a cunt, for a change!

No surprise there given her husband is CEO of an advertising company that recently received 3.9 mill to promote Tory policies ! 

2 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Was from Liverpool last night but forgot about it. Anyone see it ? 

Last time it was here, none of those asking questions had a Scouse accent. 

Similar things being said on Twitter this morning.

I try really hard not to watch it any more. It just winds me up too much. Was it always that way?

53 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Laurence Fox seems like a bit of a privileged twat

I'll admit I didn't see that bit, but he seemed stoned on the bits I saw. Definitely privileged based on his family. I think his Father and Uncle are Tories but I'm not certain. His cousin Emilia is quite lovely though

An audience member asked how the Tories were going to connect to the North.

Helen Whatley replied:

This is my second visit to Liverpool. I’ve been here twice in the past week.

This caused an outbreak of general tittering.

The Culture secretary is comedy gold. I’m looking forward to more of her.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Laurence Fox is a tosser. 

Its a disgrace ow they did that last night. Majority Tory audience mainly not even from central L postcode. Selective questions. Banned people who attended from tweeting about it etc. Orwell was right. 

Surely this didn't surprise you ?