You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

Can’t see them being plants in the audience they are just the type of people that try to go to these type of things. I’ve followed the program for years but wouldn’t dream of trying for tickets.

It’s notorious for plants, undeclared Tory councillors and UKIP activists are exposed all the time.

It’s fucking shite, the production team that have run it for the last ten years need to be fucked off.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

Can’t see them being plants in the audience they are just the type of people that try to go to these type of things. I’ve followed the program for years but wouldn’t dream of trying for tickets.

Anny it become an issue during Margaret’s reign that they had the audience on board. Less so with Major. Complaints regular regards bias. 

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

It’s notorious for plants, undeclared Tory councillors and UKIP activists are exposed all the time.

It’s fucking shite, the production team that have run it for the last ten years need to be fucked off.

People like that are into politics and like other people to hear their opinion

It’s quite simple, the BBC should be asking the audience if they have a political affiliation. Pretending that the audience is just Joe Public is what is damaging its and the BBC’s reputation.

As I said, I find it unwatchable, and I know plenty of people who feel the same, and that ought to concern the BBC. 

4 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

It’s quite simple, the BBC should be asking the audience if they have a political affiliation.

They do. Applicants for tickets are asked how they voted at the last election, if they're a member of a political party (and, if so, how active they are), and how they voted in the referendum.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

They do. Applicants for tickets are asked how they voted at the last election, if they're a member of a political party (and, if so, how active they are), and how they voted in the referendum.

Well clearly people are bullshitting and their vetting is rubbish, or they don’t give a shit, because audience members are exposed on social media for their allegiances on a regular basis.

I know someone who tried to get on and only managed to do so after a few tries when he said he was a Kipper.

Also, considering that the vast majority of the audience neither ask a question or make a comment, it is odd that the really obvious Tory plants manage to take centre stage almost every fucking week.

15 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

It’s quite simple, the BBC should be asking the audience if they have a political affiliation. Pretending that the audience is just Joe Public is what is damaging its and the BBC’s reputation.

As I said, I find it unwatchable, and I know plenty of people who feel the same, and that ought to concern the BBC. 

I don’t know mate maybe you are right. Let’s not forget it is entertainment after all and that priority of the broadcaster may make them look for extrovert outspoken participants.

It does seem like the BBC has some sort of quota. And whatever it is, it isn't reflective of society. Audience or panel.

Why the fuck are cunts like Julia Hartley Brewer and Isabel Oakshott on every couple of months? And why did UKIP, with their one MP, have someone on the panel every week at one point?

I'd love to know who gets asked to be on the panel.

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

It does seem like the BBC has some sort of quota. And whatever it is, it isn't reflective of society. Audience or panel.

Why the fuck are cunts like Julia Hartley Brewer and Isabel Oakshott on every couple of months? And why did UKIP, with their one MP, have someone on the panel every week at one point?

As for the panel they will select certainly with a view to TV presence and ability to provoke debate. If it was Ken Clarke and Chukka every week it would be boring.

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

It’s a natural progression. Back in the day they had cunts in the audience. Fuck that put them on the panel instead. It was and still is hosted by right leaning snides. 

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I applied when it was being held literally 500 yards from my house. No joy.

I’ve watched episodes from Liverpool which as you know is a Labour supporting city with no Tory MPs, and about 50% of the audience didn’t have a scouse accent, and didn’t seem to represent the views of the constituents of the city. It felt like some kind of gerrymandering had gone on. And as the BBC selects the audience, it seems to me to be some kind of bias.

• Upvote 1

They have an outside production company select the audience members, which will be open to less scutiny than the BBC doing it themselves.

They've been caught out doing it before. See:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14959179.why-audience-manipulation-on-bbc-question-time-is-an-assault-on-truth-and-journalism/

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/entry/bbc-question-time-producer-britain-first_uk_5846dfabe4b019db8c11add0/

• 3 weeks later...

Barnesy was spot on on his Liam Neeson stuff. 

Chris Leslie was wet and woeful. If he's a strong reflection of what the IG stand for, they're fucked. Granted, they're only just getting going but it all seems a bit "hey guys, we're not going to tell you who we are or what we stand for (or who finances us), we'll just tell you why the others are shit and we're not them." 

It was good to see (a few gobshites and a blatant Tory plant aside) that the audience seemed to think that by-elections re: the splitters are the right thing to do and that there wasn't that much shout, gammony bollocks in response to the Begum question. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I thought Andy McDonald was going to go nuclear on that Leslie cunt! I see Mel Stride was spouting the usual Tory bullshit of things are better than they were in 2010, fucking lying cunt!

Until the MS charity worker wiped the floor with him regarding the 2 years it takes from claiming PIP til getting a tribunal hearing for a refused application (with approx 75% success rate), all while the claimant is deprived of vital assistance.