You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What? Long term maybe but not short term.

No mate, very much short term. It is a big part of the problems in Syria and will exacerbating all sorts of problems in the next few years. Trust me, major nations will be putting plenty of military and intelligence resources into strategising about the problems it will cause.

It's dozens of times more important than ISIS with regards to world stability and security. Now, and for the next few decades.

• Upvote 2

No mate, very much short term. It is a big part of the problems in Syria and will exacerbating all sorts of problems in the next few years. Trust me, major nations will be putting plenty of military and intelligence resources into strategising about the problems it will cause.

It's dozens of times more important than ISIS with regards to world stability and security. Now, and for the next few decades.

I'm confused about long term and short term, next few years isn't long term?

There's just been a bloke on news night with a graph saying its al bollocks! Although I tend to believe the overwhelming weight of evidence over a crazy scientist.

I'm confused about long term and short term, next few years isn't long term?

There's just been a bloke on news night with a graph saying its al bollocks! Although I tend to believe the overwhelming weight of evidence over a crazy scientist.

Mate, read the book "Climate Wars" and it'll fill you in on the shitstorm of issues heading our way.

As I say, this war in Syria was very much accelerated by drought. Climate issues causing instability and insecurity is already upon us. Just wait until India and Pakistan are in dispute over water, Bangladesh is flooding and North Africa and Southern Europe is seeing crop failure and floods of refugees.

Bad news. And it isn't greens and hippies talking about this stuff, it's generals in the pentagon.

• Upvote 1

I didn't mind that this week. Maybe biased as Lucas is my favourite politician in parliament, but at the same time the Syria war(s) did at least get debated better than they have in so many previous weeks. Thought that the cunt factor was reduced drastically on the panel too this time. Probably a rare thing.

I didn't mind that this week. Maybe biased as Lucas is my favourite politician in parliament, but at the same time the Syria war(s) did at least get debated better than they have in so many previous weeks. Thought that the cunt factor was reduced drastically on the panel too this time. Probably a rare thing.

Only Nicky Morgan was a certified half wit. Usually it's at least three of them.

• Upvote 1

Caroline Flint is terrible she just gets more annoyed and exasperated at the poor point she is trying to make until she just ends up shaking her head and tutting until the end. Many display their complete lack of empathy or show just how massive parts of society may aswell be an alien planet to them. Others just don't give a shit they follow a party line and they don't know why and then there's Emily Thornberry who is the definition of clueless and it's astounding she is trusted to dress herself let alone given responsibility.