You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think the point was about how people became so disengaged with politics they voted for Hitler, who was all for capitalism and was open about his intent to get rid of politics

She said that it was that type of comment that lead to fascism. It wasn't. It was the rise of nationalism in Italy, then Germany. Coming out of a great depression. Her point was, to be generous, obtuse.

The Labour MP pissed me off last night. They should be making the kind of points Brand is yet she shouted him down and looked annoyed with him most of the time. They're really a nothing party. See Miliband was banging the drum for cuts again yesterday too. Shower of shite.

I thought that show last night was garbage. The real important points were brushed over and instead we had to listen to yet more nonsense about immigration and fucking grammar schools.

Brand was a bit repetitive but that's because his point is the real elephant ib the room.

At one point a member of the audience eloquently backed him up and spoke about inequality, tax avoidance etc and the panel just swept onto another subject.

Absolute nonsense it was.

• Upvote 1

The Labour MP pissed me off last night. They should be making the kind of points Brand is yet she shouted him down and looked annoyed with him most of the time. They're really a nothing party. See Miliband was banging the drum for cuts again yesterday too. Shower of shite.

Labour can get to fuck. I'm not voting in May.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Which is essentially a Tory vote.

Stronts us right, it's a sad way too look. I think it's the way we have to look. At the moment, anyway. It nails home hiwbshit the system is.

Labour bitch. How dare she make that point about men talking over women. Brand was being attacked by a Tory, and had every right to defend himself. Since when did we ascribe more value to somebody's word based on their gender. The value of her word isn't dictated by whether or not she has a vagina it's dictated by the content of her message.

Yeah I thought that was particularly galling. 

HOW DARE YOU DEFEND YOURSELF IN A DEBATE WITH WIMMIN!!!

Stronts us right, it's a sad way too look. I think it's the way we have to look. At the moment, anyway. It nails home hiwbshit the system is.

I just know that if Labour voters don't vote Labour, the Tories will get in.

People, like SB and whoever, can parrot Brand and champion the non-vote but ultimately the people at the bottom end are the losers. Not folk such as Brand and SB.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah I thought that was particularly galling. 

HOW DARE YOU DEFEND YOURSELF IN A DEBATE WITH WIMMIN!!!

It's really fucking patronising to other women, too. Aww, poor little woman being picked on by the man. Women just can't defend themselves. I didn't even look at her as a woman before the Labour panelist - who was fucking USELESS by the way - mentioned it. I saw a Tory spouting shite. That's it.

People, like SB and whoever, can parrot Brand and champion the non-vote but ultimately the people at the bottom end are the losers. Not folk such as Brand and SB.

What the fuck? How exactly are you grouping me with Russell Brand?

I was negging you for your dogmatic posts. You could literally be a four line computer program.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That's what I'm saying, too. I don't agree with Brand's 'don't vote' policy. Tories couldn't give a fuck what Brand says, or if they do it's to ridicule it, so it's not going to impact their vote at all. That said, I don't think Brand will be responsible for many people not voting. Labour will be the architects of that. I bet it wasn't Brand that made Brownie say that, I bet it was Labour's utterly shite panelist.

So, we're gonna ignore stuff like illegal wars, recession, taking over a decade to grant an inquest into Hillsborough, opening up NHS to privatisation, promises of further benefit cuts, continuation of austerity measures, failure to regulate City of London, Mandelson and Campbell still pulling the strings, Red Ed sat there with that rag in hand as the inquest is ongoing all because some may construe a non vote for Labour is a vote for Tory?

haha

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Oh, it's true, NV.

Self awareness does not pervade.

It's true, in your opinion. Your negative outlook on others drives that kind of thinking, doesn't it?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

She was typical new political class. Yvette Cooper clone. Big mouth, fast talking, does what the leader says, probably a twat.

Bland. As. Fuck.