You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Portsmouth Away

Malarkey

Guest alscarface
How is she a blue ? She's a Yank isn't she ?

Please tell me it ain't so Alscarface

Isn't it Amanda Holden ?

If it is she is a blue.

If it isn't i am sorry i am just an old fart out of my depth.

If only the mental fortitude shown by the players could be shared with the fans eh. Imagine being in the trenches with half this lot. At the first sign of adversity they'd kak their pants and start crying.

Nope. They'd fight. Win. And then not sit back on their laurals and giet pissed and have a laugh only to lose the next battle. They'd see why they only just won the battle and make sure that nothing is left to chance the next time. It's called been a good General

Could someone please explain why United scoring a 95th minute winner off Ronaldo's cock is generally considered "the mark of champions" whereas us scoring a late winner in a game in which we were the better side is "lucky" or "getting out of jail".

Thanks in advance.

Fergie factor.

Imagine if Fergie rested Rooney and Ronaldo and brought them on and they inspired a win in the dying minutes, do you think Tim fucking nomark Sherwood would call him 'lucky' or a genius?

Could someone please explain why United scoring a 95th minute winner off Ronaldo's cock is generally considered "the mark of champions" whereas us scoring a late winner in a game in which we were the better side is "lucky" or "getting out of jail".

Thanks in advance.

Because the mark of champions is also going on long winning runs. Also winnig games well. The whole point of the "It's a sign of a top team when you win when playing shite" only applies when you also play really most of the time. The other time when you have that period of poor play, is to fight out as many points as possible. We are doing that. But we need to run of top play and comfortable wins also. The Mancs do that. So far we haven't.

Because the mark of champions is also going on long winning runs. Also winnig games well. The whole point of the "It's a sign of a top team when you win when playing shite" only applies when you also play really most of the time. The other time when you have that period of poor play, is to fight out as many points as possible. We are doing that. But we need to run of top play and comfortable wins also. The Mancs do that. So far we haven't.

So the secret to winning the league is winning games comfortably?

I'm happy with the win and I'm happy with Rafa. I couldn't give two fucks for what all the dickheads, doom mongers, cunts, quims, twats, pussies, pricks, cocks, dicks, shithouses, ballbags, cacksacks, wet farts, scab oozes and general gutter trash say to undermine our victory and our manager. It wasn't a great game...so....fuck it! We won.

United have been grinding out wins all season, they've rarely hit top form this season.

Yep. Which is why they haven't been able to pull away. I'd be interested to see how many points the top team had at this stage over the last 5 seasons. I'd a good few more. Doesn't matter anyway. I actually have a sneaky feeling for West Ham tomorrow.

Did anyone see Rafa screaming at Mascherano to 'get back' when the score was 2-2? What does he do? he goes forward and plays the crucial pass! I do feel that we're at our best when the players forget the tactics, forget the controlling instructions, and just go for it (like IStanbul; like the 2006 Cup Final; like ManCity)

If this game tells us anything, it's that Portsmouth are relegation fodder; that we clearly don't practice defending against set pieces (anaother sign of Rafa's stubborness and arrogance); and that David N'Gog is worse than Sean Dundee.

We won - but so we should against that shower. For me, we won in spite of Rafa today, not because of him, but at this moment I don't care!!

Bang on. Xabi, Dirk and Nando. The big players got Rafa out of jail tonight. Nothing to do with tactics whatsoever. The tactics had blatantly failed when we were 2-1 down with 5 to go. As with the other amazing rescues this season the big players stepped up for us and showed incredible belief. The manager can take no credit for that. It was all about those players. Well in lads.

Bang on. Xabi, Dirk and Nando. The big players got Rafa our of jail tonight. Nothing to do with tactics whatsoever. The tactics had blatantly failed when we were 2-1 down with 5 to go. As with the other amazing rescues this season the big players stepped up for us and showed incredible belief. The manager can take no credit for that. It was all about those players. Well in lads.

Horse shit.

His selection gave us the most attacking football we have seen in ages!So because we didnt score just doesnt hold much water with me

How many times has he picked a team we ALL wanted to see, only for us to not score, then he makes a tactical substitution and it comes off? I can point to two matches in the last week.

Look, it wasn't attacking football. We controlled the ball a lot because of our deployment but we didn't have many good attacks if you really look back at the game.

Stick Gerrard, Torres, and Alonso into that match from the beginning and we walk out of their 4-0+

K thought I'd get another post in before my eventual elimination

Happy that we won today but concerned we did it the way we did. I wonder if I would be saying this if we had lost, but I was glad we started with the lineup we did because it in a way highlighted our lack of depth. Maybe I am wrong but i remember Fergie developing a utd side over the years and even his supporters used to question his selection, in the end he always called on one or two of his best players and that changed the game for them much like us today. I supposed now they probably dont have that problem as they have adequate cover no matter who they play.

By the way I know a lot of people won't agree with me but I think Ngog did ok. I really think he could become a good squad player coming off the bench. Problem today was he played in a crowded defense and too many balls in the first half played to him overhead. There were moments where he displayed some good first touches. I didn't see the first 30-35 mins of the second half but I am guessing he came off more or less when Alonso came on but wonder how he could have done if he got better first time balls from the midfield. Babbel I am sorry is just way too clumsy on the ball his just not doing it right now.

Guest ian garro

This thread is a fucking disgrace. An absolute fucking disgrace.

Its fair enough if you've lost faith with the manager, thats up to you, but calling him a "cunt", "retarded cunt", skitting the way he speaks is fucking wrong. I'll bet most of the people doing it were happy to see Portsmouth score tonight. You could tell by the way they immediately let rip. Deep down, there are people unhappy on here tonight that we won, that Rafa "got away with it". Fuck that. Liverpool come first, whether Rafa's in charge, Evans, fucking Souness or even The King.

Also, if you want him out, its your choice, but this was the man who took us to Istanbul, brought us No.5. Does anyone still remember that ? Will you not remember that for the rest of your fucking lives ? Does he not deserve an ounce of respect for that alone ????? Want him out if you like, but for fucks' sake people, let's get a bit of fucking dignity back eh ???

We used to be such a classy bunch. We used to pride ourselves on it. If this had been a thread on a Blue website, someone off here wouldve picked up on it, posted it here and we'd have pissed ourselves. Not now. We are officially down in the ranks with Newcastle, Tottenham, Chelsea, the Blooz, and all the other fucking shite. The "Liverpool Way" is well and truly fucking dead.

Whatever has gone before, the figures show we still have the best chance of being Champions this season than we have in years. Lets get fucking heart and soul into getting behind the boys on the park, for the remainder of the season at least eh ? Instead of all this bickering, name calling shit.

Isn't it Amanda Holden ?

If it is she is a blue.

If it isn't i am sorry i am just an old fart out of my depth.

No Al , it's Julie Benz who is in Dexter & Buffy/Angel

Repped because I am so relieved.

ps Holden would get it . I'd make her wear a Cahill shirt & jizz on it.

Its fair enough if you've lost faith with the manager, thats up to you, but calling him a "cunt", "retarded cunt", skitting the way he speaks is fucking wrong. I'll bet most of the people doing it were happy to see Portsmouth score tonight. You could tell by the way they immediately let rip. Deep down, there are people unhappy on here tonight that we won, that Rafa "got away with it". Fuck that. Liverpool come first, whether Rafa's in charge, Evans, fucking Souness or even The King.

Also, if you want him out, its your choice, but this was the man who took us to Istanbul, brought us No.5. Does anyone still remember that ? Will you not remember that for the rest of your fucking lives ? Does he not deserve an ounce of respect for that alone ????? Want him out if you like, but for fucks' sake people, let's get a bit of fucking dignity back eh ???

We used to be such a classy bunch. We used to pride ourselves on it. If this had been a thread on a Blue website, someone off here wouldve picked up on it, posted it here and we'd have pissed ourselves. Not now. We are officially down in the ranks with Newcastle, Tottenham, Chelsea, the Blooz, and all the other fucking shite. The "Liverpool Way" is well and truly fucking dead.

Whatever has gone before, the figures show we still have the best chance of being Champions this season than we have in years. Lets get fucking heart and soul into getting behind the boys on the park, for the remainder of the season at least eh ? Instead of all this bickering, name calling shit.

Sorry mate, but that's not right. Just because a few people acted like twats doesn't mean the whole fan base has become Newcastle. You are basing your whole view of Liverpool fans on 8 or 9 guys calling Rafa a cunt. They are bang out of order, but they do not represent the whole fan base.

Bang on the Money.

I'm all out of rep unfortunately.