You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Portsmouth Away

Malarkey

Also have to say today was a massive day in terms of confidence in our manager. Had we lost I think the tide would have completly turned against him but today he's shown why he has so much confidence in himself. I fucking love him.

Tim Sherwood is such a twat. I'm still not sure how he's got his job.

"There's no way that this squad are winning the league while they have to rely on two or three players."

Alan. Shearer. Chris. Sutton.

Exactly. Also, Man United wouldn't have won the league without Ronaldo last season. We have got to top of the league without Torres for large parts of the season.

If you had not seen the game and heard Shedrwood talking you would swear Portsmouth had as much possesion and chances as we had. They were gash and in all probability will go down. And we are winning games with as much conviction as the mancs are too.

Guest RafaIsRafa
Yes we got lucky

No way were we the lucky ones there. The free kick for their goal was never a free kick and we had a perfectly good goal to go 2-1 up disallowed, it would of been a travesty if we hadnt won that.

and we won, with 6 defenders on the pitch and a goal keeper who had a bad game

i dont get the problem here

I didn't say there was a problem with us winning. The argument was we started with six defenders, and a holding midfielder. People disputed this because the full backs played further forward.

Does that all of a sudden mean they're not defenders?

Sherwood says he didn't see Yossi play well - well he's fecking blind as well as stupid then! Surely Setanta can find someone else to cover these games?

I find it humourous that Sherwood is critical of Liverpool and the zonal marking system and saying that Spurs use man to man marking. Where are Spurs in the league again?

Holy fuck that was dramatic. I really love having the 3 points in the pocket before the mancs go out on the pitch tomorrow, couldnt've asked for more really. Our players showed some real comitment today, never gave up and showed that they knew what it takes to stay in contention. The fighting face on Masch's face when we got the winner almost chocked me up. What a day.

Did anyone see Rafa screaming at Mascherano to 'get back' when the score was 2-2? What does he do? he goes forward and plays the crucial pass! I do feel that we're at our best when the players forget the tactics, forget the controlling instructions, and just go for it (like IStanbul; like the 2006 Cup Final; like ManCity)

If this game tells us anything, it's that Portsmouth are relegation fodder; that we clearly don't practice defending against set pieces (anaother sign of Rafa's stubborness and arrogance); and that David N'Gog is worse than Sean Dundee.

We won - but so we should against that shower. For me, we won in spite of Rafa today, not because of him, but at this moment I don't care!!

What a game that was. Season defining moment, made all the sweeter by the reaction of the likes of Sherwood and Burley.

If anyone was in doubt that there is a media agenda against Benitez, they only had to listen to the Setana commentary and pundits tonight. Shocking.

Come on you fucking Reds.

I sense David Nugent and Herman "relegation" Herierdessonenenen embarrassing us in the same way Kevin fucking Lisbie did 5 years ago. And Crouch will no doubt have a blinder aswell.

Fear the worst and you can't possibly be disappointed can you?

Jesus H Christ, that was very scary. I thought my worst nightmare was going to come true.

There was a similar feel towards the end of the game, seemed like the players just didn't care about whatever they'd been instructed to do and they just decided for themselves that they were winning this game, just like at Man City earlier in the season. Nobody expects out and out attacking football with zero discipline but I wish this team would be let loose more often.

I find it humourous that Sherwood is critical of Liverpool and the zonal marking system and saying that Spurs use man to man marking. Where are Spurs in the league again?

I was thinking the same when he said that. What a tit. Would have loved someone to have pointed it out to him.

Bizarre game, bizarre season, just don't know what to think anymore but i don't think we'll win the league, everything's too much of a struggle.

When was it ever easy?

If that was the mancs everyone would be talking about character and mental strength.

Maybe the fans don't want it enough?