You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Portsmouth Away

Malarkey

That was boss. I laughed when I saw the team selection but thought for the first 30 mins we were really good. We started with a tempo that we rarely see and I'd like to think that we'll start like that more often.

The second half was incredible , well in Redman. I'm sure people will explain more eloquently than I so I'll leave it at but there's absolutely no way that anyone thought that first team selection was a good idea; it was crazy. But bravo Rafa , bravo.

Torres you fucking beauty!!

If only that ridiculous manager of ours would have put you on the pitch earlier we wouldn't have been in this position?

Two weeks ago you were a card carrying defender of all things Rafa. I get that you've changed your mind about whether he's the right man for the job. I am having extremely similar thoughts myself. But you do realise that you don't need to be 'cleansed' for past misdemeanours by getting a dig in in every. single. post, don't you?

I support Rafa. I wait till the end of a game before I call anyone a cunt, if ever. I support the team and the manager but I am having my doubts with some of our fans. I can't believe some of the shite against Rafa. A disgrace, some of it such as 'aaas' meaning how Rafa speaks is verging on the blueshite.

Adams will be down the pub with Paul Merson after that. I think what Benitez has done has given Kuyt, Torres, Alonso a kick up the arse they needed after midweek to show them their place is not certain in this team. And Sherwood with his zonal marking rant. If Manchester United used zonal marking and Liverpool used Man marking he's criticise Liverpool

That game was mental. Thought we were the better team by a country mile but, fuck me, what is it with us and defending set pieces at the moment? I'd almost rather concede a penalty than a free kick around the box or a corner.

After the Everton games, which were like eating wire wool, I really enjoyed watching that. We played some nice stuff and, if Babel hadn't been trying to show that Keane is not alone in being able to miss-hit sitters from 2 yards, we would have sown that up a lot earlier. I'm kind of glad that we didn't as there is nothing I enjoy more than an injury time winner.

I thought Agger had a very good game, Aurelio did a grand job in an unfamiliar

midfield role and Benayoun was, again, admirable in his tenacity in forward positions.

Despite lacking our three best players this season (until Alonso made an appearance), we win after twice being behind. Such things title challenges are made of.

I fucking hope that Rafa has learnt his lesson with regards to gambles like today.

No team can ever be taken lightly whatever their place in the table or division.

Pompey were awful defensively and we would have tore them a new arsehole by half time and he could have brought the big guns off.

I don't understand this philosphy of trotting around in a match for 60-70 mins (not talking about just today) and then trying desperately to win it in the last half an hour.

It's just fucking madness.

Was that the question? What is their POSITION?

Again, their position is irrelevant, the application of those players is what matters.

Looking at a team and saying ooh 6 defenders that's defensive shows a complete lack of understanding. We've been far more defensive this season with far more attacking players on the pitch.