You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Portsmouth Away

Malarkey

I'm glad we won, but I've seen that exact game several times with people expecting us to go on a run and build on it. We never do, Man City at home up next I think and that'll be a true tester. I just hope the Mancs blow it tomorrow.

Mention for Benayoun, I don't rate him at all but he has hit a good bit of form and I'd like to see him continue it.

I don't have concerns about our defence. We have great centre backs with great cover so it's not a concern and I don't feel the need to highlight it

When you're discussing this game and bringing up Pompey's defensive mistakes do you not think it's relevant to point to the fact that the only reason Pompey took the lead, twice, is because of our defensive mistakes?

Or does that not sit well when you're trying to use the game to prove you were actually right and Rafa is a cunt?

So we should be cruising the league because the league has got harder?

Yes, we should, and with some ballsy management, be cruising this league. I refuse to accept draws with Stoke and Fulham and Hull as if they are at our level now or something when we are capable of beating Chelsea home and away and the Mancs.

Yes, we should, and with some ballsy management, be cruising this league. I refuse to accept draws with Stoke and Fulham and Hull as if they are at our level now or something when we are capable of beating Chelsea home and away and the Mancs.

So we have more right to be cruising the league than Chelsea or Utd then and the fact that two teams with supposedly better squads have found this league tougher and managed to amass less points than us means we're shit?

As for ballsy management, this thread should be proof that as supporters we don't respond well to it.

We need to stop going into the last few minutes of games ona knife-edge. I can only remember about three comfortable games this season so it's bound to take a lot out of the players.

Two week rest now, let's hope after that we can really kick on and go on a crazy winning run.

Guest alscarface

Your right the Mancs never drop points do they?

Got what we deserved. All this "lucky" shit pisses me off sometimes. We played well tonight and deserved it. Spot on Rafa. Some people are almost willing us to lose becuase of the manager, that's a fucking disgrace. Like him or not you should want us to win every game especially when we are one of only 2 teams who can win the fucking league. Slag im off, question him, do what you want, it's your perogative, but always support the team. Reading through this thread made me fucking cringe.

Some people need to sort themselves out.

We haven't won the title in 19 years and suddenly we should be cruising it?

You live in a dreamworld, lad.

When you're discussing this game and bringing up Pompey's defensive mistakes do you not think it's relevant to point to the fact that the only reason Pompey took the lead, twice, is because of our defensive mistakes?

Or does that not sit well when you're trying to use the game to prove you were actually right and Rafa is a cunt?

What the fuck? I'm a Rafa supporter you tit. I don't want him sacked and I think he will win us the league without all the political interfearance. I think that anyone on here who says "Rafa can fuck off" or "Rafa is a cunt" should be banned for a week. However, just because I support Rafa doesn't mean I think he is infallable.

And you can't compare our possible defensive mistake to the mistakes made by Portsmouth for our first 2 goals.

We need to stop going into the last few minutes of games ona knife-edge. I can only remember about three comfortable games this season so it's bound to take a lot out of the players.

Two week rest now, let's hope after that we can really kick on and go on a crazy winning run.

Is it a rest though with international fixtures coming up?

So we have more right to be cruising the league than Chelsea or Utd then and the fact that two teams with supposedly better squads have found this league tougher and managed to amass less points than us means we're shit?

As for ballsy management, this thread should be proof that as supporters we don't respond well to it.

Fuck the Mancs and Chelsea. Who fucking cares what they do. It's Liverpool we worry about

Exactly. A great win, but we need to start scoring early and controlling games

Really, why not?

We may have held the line a slight bit high and misjudged the offside by inches.

Portsmouth did a stupid backpass forcing James to handle and gives us a free kick 10 yards out. For the second, Distin did a fresh air and allowed Torres clear in on goal.

I don't think out mistakes compared to Portsmouth for two of their goals. But Pepe did seem to fuck up for Portsmouths second.

Just come on here to wallow in a fantastic victory , and I must admit reading through the thread has taken the gloss off completely.

I know we love this site and it is as good as it is because of the lack of censorship , and I am aware that the site-owner seems to want Rafa out , but the filth and obscenities aimed at the manager during this game surely must be a tipping point on here.

I am critical of Rafa myself and have never suggested he is perfect by any means but the absolute obscene bilge & bile peddled by ( amongst others ) Fowler God 1984 , Unrighteous , Royal Family , Baz1969 , Tom R ( who is is usually one of my fave posters ) , Antynwa , House Of Dirk , Bazza 66 , 1892 LFC was born , should surely have no place on any decent Liverpool FC forum.