You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Portsmouth Away

Malarkey

There was a fucking huge problem there. We got away with it today massively thanks to a couple of terrible defensive fuck ups by Portsmouth. I'm over the moon we won, but burying your head in the sand as to how we won and how we are playing is doing nobody any good.

Surely we've gone passed the "jesus, we fucking won and that's all that matters" and realise that we need to start playing well and winning well. There is only so many times we will ge away with it and it is because of this type of play that we drew against Stoke, Hull, Fulham, etc.

We can't paper over the cracks because of exciting wins like this.

what are you talking about? Rafa took a gamble with this selection and it paid off. If you look at the match however, it was easier to see why he did what he did. We out played them all match simple as that. And i am not burying my head in the sand whatsoever.

and how is this papering over the cracks? i would really like to know. I understand we havent played well lately, but for what he deemed he had available to him, he made the right decision.

I am sure some would have cursed him had he started Torres and he got injured.

Did you watch the game or was you too depressed?

We played well and won, albeit with a few individual mistakes that made it harder that it was.

exactly.

There was a fucking huge problem there. We got away with it today massively thanks to a couple of terrible defensive fuck ups by Portsmouth.

Yet we only conceded because of defensive fuck ups.

You don't seem as keen to point that side of the game out, why is that?

Aurelio has been quality his last few games, just a shame he is made of glass. I've always rated him, and he was one of the best left backs in the game at Valencia.

Agreed, he is a classy player. I'd struggle to name a full back who could hold his own in midfield like he did today. I hope he continues to provide the same quality he displayed from our free kicks aswell.

what are you talking about? Rafa took a gamble with this selection and it paid off. If you look at the match however, it was easier to see why he did what he did. We out played them all match simple as that. And i am not burying my head in the sand whatsoever.

and how is this papering over the cracks? i would really like to know. I understand we havent played well lately, but for what he deemed he had available to him, he made the right decision.

I am sure some would have cursed him had he started Torres and he got injured.

Bar a few games this season we have been garbage. The title is probably going to be won with one of the lowest points totals ever yet we are still not leading (assuming the Mancs can get 1 point from West Ham away and Fulham at home). Rafa did not get it right today. If he did then we would have been winning before he made any subs. He had to bring on our 3 big hitters so we could win it in injury time. His selection DID NOT WORK.

I'm delighted we won, but we now have to play Man City without Gerrard or Alonso and that scares be greatly as we need to go on a run of wins now.

Made up for Rafa.

He pissed me off at Wigan and i don't have the same belief in him i used to, but i still want him to suceed because at the end of the day, if he does well we do well.

He got that spot on today and i'd have defended him even if we lost. He picked that team for a reason, not on a whim to be stubborn. We dominated the game and if it wasn't for an uncharacteristic fuck up from Pepe and an oh so characteristic fuck up from Babel (has Robbie Keane's spirit entered into Ryan's body? That was so a Keane miss) we'd have won more easily.

Glad the cunts in the media can't slate him for "rotation" while ignoring the facts and real reason he picked the team.

Not sure we can do it, be we still have a chance.

FUCKING GET IN!

Bar a few games this season we have been garbage. The title is probably going to be won with one of the lowest points totals ever yet we are still not leading (assuming the Mancs can get 1 point from West Ham away and Fulham at home).

So we should be cruising the league because the league has got harder?

Three points is three points. Look at all the jammy 0-0's united have got but if they do it it is the sign of champions!

United now play 3 times before we play next. We then have 3 games before they play in the league next.

A real test as they could go 10 points clear by the time we next play.

Yet we only conceded because of defensive fuck ups.

You don't seem as keen to point that side of the game out, why is that?

I don't have concerns about our defence. We have great centre backs with great cover so it's not a concern and I don't feel the need to highlight it. They'll make the odd mistake and so be it. Portsmouth first goal was good though as much as it was our error. Good reverse ball and finish. Possible offside also.

What get sme is if Torres's header had hit the bar, you'd all be going mental and hammering Rafa and going totally overboard. We are not playing well, Rafa picked a teririble team that was losing untilhe made changes and brought on the big guns.

I'm delighted, but there is a hell of a lot to do if we are to win this title.

Bar a few games this season we have been garbage. The title is probably going to be won with one of the lowest points totals ever yet we are still not leading (assuming the Mancs can get 1 point from West Ham away and Fulham at home). Rafa did not get it right today. If he did then we would have been winning before he made any subs. He had to bring on our 3 big hitters so we could win it in injury time. His selection DID NOT WORK.

I'm delighted we won, but we now have to play Man City without Gerrard or Alonso and that scares be greatly as we need to go on a run of wins now.

His selection gave us the most attacking football we have seen in ages!So because we didnt score just doesnt hold much water with me

How many times has he picked a team we ALL wanted to see, only for us to not score, then he makes a tactical substitution and it comes off? I can point to two matches in the last week.

Kinel, I'm not a huge fan of Rafa but some of the misery on here is unreal.

I'm begining to think our fans are never happy unless they're moaning about some fucking thing.

How do you make that out then based on my comments?

We'd have got out of jail with a draw against portsmouth. Have you seen their recent results? They are getting beat by all and sundry.

The game was even heading for a 2-1 defeat for us before kuyt came on.

Now, can you explain why a relatively untried and inexperienced striker led the line for us in this game? Yes, lots of other people have been questioning why kuyt is still in the team but ffs, dropping him for this game in place of N'Gog? Poor N'Gog is getting stick. The lad's not ready to lead the line yet.

Even you must agree there's been some bizzarre decisions of late.

Its great to win, Its great to win ugly. Its great to win when you've been outplayed or lucky but some of the bizzarre decisions will be our downfall sooner or later.

Torres kept us (and benitez) in the title race today.

That's how I feel. We got out of jail in a big, big way tonight. Let's hope we can capitalise on it.

All the sweeter. Think back over the years about the times we've cursed other teams for having that knack. It's no bad thing and an important part of winning titles.

Not getting carried away, but this is what we've been asking for and we can't shit out now.

Guest alscarface

Mancs win 1-0 in final minutes, they are the masters, champions elect, world class.

We win 3-2 , we were lucky. should of started with ,Torres , with Kuyt (even thought they say he is shit) , we are nothing without Gerrard, the squad isnt good enough, no chance of winning the league.

Fuck Off! and once more, Fuck Off!

Fucking Knobheads!