You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Curb Your Enthusiasm

snez1

32 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Leon is fucking amazing. Every time he talks I laugh. 

I finished this a while back. Shouldn’t be too much longer until I start it all over again. 

Oh yeah, the rewatch is even better.

Worth remember when people are bitching about diversity etc; Larry David transplanted an entire black family into the middle of his show for the flimsy of reasons and then made the black character his roommate and one of the great comedic characters of all time.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Oh yeah, the rewatch is even better.

Worth remember when people are bitching about diversity etc; Larry David transplanted an entire black family into the middle of his show for the flimsy of reasons and then made the black character his roommate and one of the great comedic characters of all time.

Don't forget that he's also crazy eyed killahs Caucasian 

On 29/08/2022 at 01:42, Captain Turdseye said:

Leon is fucking amazing. Every time he talks I laugh. 

I finished this a while back. Shouldn’t be too much longer until I start it all over again. 

Funny as fuck and took the show even higher. Think I've done it three times now and just doesn't seem to date. Tried Seinfeld and gave up after the first very dated episode which is not a popular opinion on here. Saw it described as "Curb Light" on here.

• 2 months later...
On 28/08/2022 at 19:24, Vincent Vega said:

I was watching last night and this episode came on, one of my all time favourites. I love Susie when she’s going off on one, which is about 80% of the time you see her. 

Don't think there's a bad episode, quality writing.Susie? 'Danger fuck' was invented with her in mind.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

One last run:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/dec/15/curb-your-enthusiasm-final-season-12-tv-hbo-ending-larry-david-comedy-to-end

After almost 25 years playing Larry David, Larry David has announced that his award-winning comedy Curb Your Enthusiasm is ending with the next season.

The Seinfeld co-creator has played a curmudgeonly version of himself in Curb Your Enthusiasm since 2000, making it HBO’s longest-running comedy. Much like Seinfeld, the show draws on the humour in everyday life but the dialogue is mostly improvised around an outline written by David, who plays a semi-retired television writer.

Curb Your Enthusiasm originally aired for eight seasons between 2000 and 2011, then took a six-year hiatus before starting again in 2017. The 12th and final season is due to air in February.

As Curb comes to an end, I will now have the opportunity to finally shed this ‘Larry David’ persona and become the person God intended me to be – the thoughtful, kind, caring, considerate human being I was until I got derailed by portraying this malignant character,” David said on Thursday, confirming the final season.

And so ‘Larry David,’ I bid you farewell. Your misanthropy will not be missed. And for those of you who would like to get in touch with me, you can reach me at Doctors Without Borders.”

Casey Bloys, chairman and chief executive of HBO & Max Content, sai: “It’s hard to say farewell to such a ground-breaking, brilliantly funny and iconic series like Curb Your Enthusiasm, which has left its mark across television and the comedy genre.”

In October David’s friend and collaborator Jerry Seinfeld made headlines after teasing David and his involvement in a potential return to Seinfeld, the sitcom that made them household names. David left the show after seven seasons but returned to write the final episode, which is famously divisive.

“Something is going to happen that has to do with that ending. Hasn’t happened yet,” Seinfeld said at an event in Boston in October, to loud gasps and applause. “And just what you are thinking about, Larry and I have also been thinking about it. So you’ll see, we’ll see.”

Curb Your Enthusiasm has been nominated for 51 Emmys, including 10 nominations for best comedy over 11 seasons so far.

The final season will consist of 10 episodes, starting on 4 February.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...