You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Curb Your Enthusiasm

snez1

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If I try this,will I know within a couple of episodes if I like it? I am honestly going to struggle to watch 'Always Sunny' so don't want to have to plough through a series to try it out if not my thing.

Yes, you'll know after a few episodes.

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If I try this,will I know within a couple of episodes if I like it? I am honestly going to struggle to watch 'Always Sunny' so don't want to have to plough through a series to try it out if not my thing.

It's typical American humour, short, sharp scenario type sketches. Ive tried watching it and some of it is funny and other bits about as funny as piles. I download it occasionally but frankly, take it or leave it.

27 minutes ago, Mook said:

Cheers, Scott. KDM7 had said there were another two to go which is why I was wondering.

No, just the ten episodes unfortunately. I’ve watched the first six then been dragging my feet watching the last four because I don’t want them to end. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

YOU'RE BUSYING ME WITH YOUR BEANS!!

Still chuckling over his line to Mocha Joe, days later. 

The car persicope episode and the hunt for the one armed man, also brilliant. 

Gutted I've only got season nine to watch now and it's done (seen season ten already)

Amazing show. 

• 2 weeks later...

We go again.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/curb-your-enthusiasm-renewed-11th-season-hbo-1301147

HBO and Larry David are taking Curb Your Enthusiasm into a third decade.

The premium cable outlet has renewed the show for an 11th season, with an airdate to be determined as most TV production remains in limbo during the COVID-19 crisis. The renewal comes about three months after season 10 finished its run.

"Believe me, I’m as upset about this as you are," said creator and star David. "One day I can only hope that HBO will come to their senses and grant me the cancellation I so richly deserve."

Added HBO Programming executive vp Amy Gravitt, "This past season tapped into the zeitgeist in such an uncomfortably delightful way. Larry is already busy writing, and we can’t wait to see what he has in store."

Curb's 10 previous seasons stretch back to 2000, and the 11th season will air in the 2020s. It's the longest-running HBO scripted series in terms of both seasons and episodes (the season 10 finale, which premiered March 22, was the show's 100th installment).

Season 10 featured David donning a Make America Great Again hat in public as a way of avoiding interacting with people and opening a "spite store" coffee shop to rival the frequently seen Mocha Joe's. The finale saw Larry's store burn down, with some eerie imagery — like bottles of hand sanitizer acting as accelerants for the fire — in the early days of the coronavirus pandemic.

"I guess Larry was prophetic, right?" executive producer Jeff Schaffer told The Hollywood Reporter after the finale. "He was putting Purell on the tables at Latte Larry’s, and he has been practicing social distancing for years. He just didn’t know what to call it, but he’s definitely been trying to do it."

David, Schaffer, Jeff Garlin and Gavin Polone will executive produce season 11 of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Laura Streicher is a co-EP, and Jon Hayman is consulting producer.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...