You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Randy Marsh

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other day Dave "reported" that Hyppia was back in the CL squad because Sami had a row about it with Rafa. Not true. he is back in because Degen was injured.

He didn't say a 'row', just said he pulled Rafa up about it. Sami doesn't need to row with someone.

Degen's Liverpool career.

First team 151/2

Pre-season 135/0

Reserves 90/1

Training ???/3

* The stats are in minutes/injuries

He was at his best in the middle of September where he managed two games in a row on the bench without being injured. He then started the next game versus Crewe, but only lasted 74 minutes.

What a great transfer window we had in the summer, honestly I`m not sure we could have done worse even if we tried.

Robbie Keane, Tottenham - £19M - sold, not good enough

Albert Riera, Espanyol - £8M - decent

Andrea Dossena, Udinese - £7M - not good enough, not sold yet

Diego Cavalieri, Palmeiras - £3.5M - reserve keeper, never plays anyway

David N'Gog, Paris Saint-Germain - £1.5M - not pulling up any trees, not good enough

Philipp Degen, Borussia Dortmund - free - always injured.

Someone should be made responsible for these massive failures and for some reason I cant see how this one can be blamed on Parry.

What a great transfer window we had in the summer, honestly I`m not sure we could have done worse even if we tried.

David N'Gog, Paris Saint-Germain - £1.5M - not pulling up any trees, not good enough

Someone should be made responsible for these massive failures and for some reason I cant see how this one can be blamed on Parry.

Eduardo fucking Macia!!!!!

We wasted a whole chunk of the summer chasing two players we didn't need and ended up with one and others just not up to standard. A complete waste overall.

Although bizarrely this is our best ever start to a season under Benitez, which proves that there's no real magic forumla when it comes to signing players.

Bad summer transfer wise.

Rafa has somehow got us doing better with a squad that doesn't seem much stronger than last year.

Better results definately, although I think we played better football last season, and the performances were better. But then results are more important than the performances.

No idea why I've just said what I said.

Here's a more realistic accessment (not saying our summer business was fantastic):

Robbie Keane, Tottenham - £19M - sold, not given a decent chance

Albert Riera, Espanyol - £8M - excellent buy

Diego Cavalieri, Palmeiras - £3.5M - reserve keeper, first decent understudy to Pep

David N'Gog, Paris Saint-Germain - £1.5M - not pulling up any trees, not good enough, but will still be sold for profit if he doesn't make it

Philipp Degen, Borussia Dortmund - free - always injured, no harm done as he was free

Bad summer transfer wise.

Rafa has somehow got us doing better with a squad that doesn't seem much stronger than last year.

He hasn't really got us doing better though has he? We just continued the same form that we had in the last 15 games or so of last season when we started playing a settled formation and a more consistant line up.

He continued in the same vein for the majority of this season hence our good start, just like our good finish last year

As for Degen I would have sympathy for him if he had joined us with a decent injury record and was constantly injured but the fella has always been a crock. I don't blame him though, he's hardly played for years then Liverpool come in and offer a wedge for you no one is turning that down. We took a gamble and we fucked up so he needs shpping out as soon as possible

Here's a more realistic accessment (not saying our summer business was fantastic):

Robbie Keane, Tottenham - £19M - sold, not given a decent chance

[

if i hear that keane "not given a decent chance" story one more time think am gonna scream :wallbutt:

25 games with 7 goals in that time tells its own story