You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

For what he has done for this club, the way he stood up to the owners but most importantly he has made us the best team in the PL in a one off game. We have crucified Chelsea and Manu this season. He has done great things for this club and I love him for that. However I also know that we will never win the league with him and I know if we are to win the league he will have to go even though he such a lovely man and done wonders for this club

Just wondered how many of you felt the same way as me.

For those of you who have followed my posts I have been of the opinion that we will beat both Chelsea and Manu and home and away but criminally after achieving such brilliance we will not win the league very much the patern of the 2002 season under Houllier.

Yesteray summed it up perfectly for me his substitutions were so conservative and it was Scholari who actually made the posititve substitutions to try and win the game with 10 men as he knew a point was no good to either team in challenging for the title. Rafa got lucky but the end justifies the means. However as Stoke and West ham have proved luck evens itself over a course of the season and the table never lies.

I really do love Rafa but If we want to win the league he will have to go, just wondered how many of you feel the same way.

Yesteray summed it up perfectly for me his substitutions were so conservative and it was Scholari who actually made the posititve substitutions to try and win the game with 10 men as he knew a point was no good to either team in challenging for the title. Rafa got lucky but the end justifies the means. However as Stoke and West ham have proved luck evens itself over a course of the season and the table never lies.

You're right. I couldn't believe it when he brought on those defenders Benayoun and Babel. And when he took off our prolific striker Mascherano I was apoplectic with rage.

You're right. I couldn't believe it when he brought on those defenders Benayoun and Babel. And when he took off our prolific striker Mascherano I was apoplectic with rage.

But I am sure you get his point Johnny. Benayoun came on for Riera and it was only with 8 mins to go when Rafa 'threw caution to the wind' against 10 men at home in a game we simply had to win.

It was conservative any way you look at it. In my book.

But I am sure you get his point Johnny. Benayoun came on for Riera and it was only with 8 mins to go when Rafa 'threw caution to the wind' against 10 men at home in a game we simply had to win.

It's hardly like we weren't creating up until then. Apart from some great blocks by Alex and some good saves, we should have been winning. The Benayoun move was the one that made the difference.

Amazing that we can win and still the forum seems like we lost.

We scored twice.

Ergo, it worked.

We're challenging, it's what we begged for. Now it's not enough - in the same season. Overall he's done fuck all wrong.

Exactly. I can't believe some of the wibble I'm reading on here this evening. At the start of the season most fans wanted to be in contention come the turn of the year and that's exactly where we are. Can people not see the progress that's been made in the last few seasons? I must surely be missing something, as I can't for the life of me understand why there's such negativity towards an individual that has slowly and methodically overhauled what was a very average squad.

I'm gonna break off there as even contemplating sacking Rafa is frankly ridiculous..

Only you could make a thread with that title today, surely. He did really well with getting the team to own Chelsea though admitted, so at least he's still winning us the big matches. It's the matches against smaller teams that I lose confidence though.......how many managers can you say that about? That you feel fine and confident against the biggest sides but not much at all against so many of the others? Things are seriously wierd at the moment. Maybe as wierd as the mind of Nick.

We scored twice.

Ergo, it worked.

It worked on Sunday however it didnt work against West Ham and Hull and Wigan and others.

I could well see us winning the CL or FA Cup this season because we are the hardest team to beat in Europe and the PL. Unfortunately the PL is about winning games rather than not losing games.

It really does depend what you want.