You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Neil Young

King Emlyn

Starts his European tour tonight in Iceland. Gagging to know the set list.

• Upvote 1

nearly their guys

got a spare ticket in block JJ up for grabs (face value obviously) i'm at back now with mates from work

not sure how Shakey can carry on when a stroke hits one of the Horse and cant when one breaks his thumb or whatever it was

cant wait just hope it dont fuck up again!

Totally agree. Watching one of your favourite bands at a festival type gig is almost like half the experience of a normal gig.

Promised myself that I would do as many Neil Young gigs after missing and fannying about last year. A general admission ticket costs £66 but you can get a premium view ticket for £88 and stand 'nearer' the stage with a separate bar.

On those £88 tickets.....Purely for the bar of course!

I'm guessing he'll be on about 9pm? As they litterally pull the plug at 11pm at Hyde park, by all accounts.

Saw him in Birmingham and had tickets for the Echo arena, then they cancelled due to a broken hand for one of the lads in CH. I have to say of all the times I've seen him, Birmingham was not his best, hope he takes it back up a notch at Hyde park.

I'm kinda expecting a special guest on Saturday. Last time he played Hyde park Macca turned up. CSN would be awesome but I think they're in USA? Springsteen is at a loose end, we live in hope.

I'm going with three mates, who only know the 'hits' so kinda glad he's shelved most of psychedelic pill.

I'm kinda expecting a special guest on Saturday. Last time he played Hyde park Macca turned up. CSN would be awesome but I think they're in USA? Springsteen is at a loose end, we live in hope.

I'm going with three mates, who only know the 'hits' so kinda glad he's shelved most of psychedelic pill.

Ye, there for that one, quite an uplift when McCartney showed up.

Springstein would be sound. watched him(NY) a good 15 years ago and his band consisted of Pearl Jam and Bucker T' and the MG's, so we may see Pearl Jam there if they are playing Milton Keynes on the Friday?

EDIT: 21 years ago!!!! christ, it only seems like last week.

Cork tonight

Love and Only Love

Goin' Home

Days That Used to Be

After the Gold Rush

Love to Burn

Separate Ways

Only Love Can Break Your Heart

Don't Cry No Tears

Blowin' in the Wind

(Bob Dylan cover)

Red Sun

(solo acoustic)

Heart of Gold

(solo acoustic)

Powderfinger

Psychedelic Pill

Rockin' in the Free World

Who's Gonna Stand Up And Save The Earth

Encore:

Roll Another Number (For the Road)

Hopefully, that now leaves Cortez the killer for Saturday!

Not long now...

Doors: 18:30
Ian McNabb: 19:00 - 19:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U2OJHAgXI0

The Last Internationale: 19:45 - 20:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNMhOniCAsU

Neil Young & Crazy Horse: 20:45 - 23:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwQB_WMyvhQ

Damn, I'm excited!

Similar setlist to Reykjavik and Cork, but with Barstool Blues and a guitar-breaking version of Like A Hurricane for an encore.

The whole Gaza/Tel Aviv thing threw a bit of a cloud over it for me.  I love Neil, but he's a moral shithouse - and by extension, so am I.  It's hard to listen to man who is prepared to play in Israel, this week of all weeks, singing "How many years can some people exist before they're allowed to be free? And how many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesn't see?"

Similar setlist to Reykjavik and Cork, but with Barstool Blues and a guitar-breaking version of Like A Hurricane for an encore.

The whole Gaza/Tel Aviv thing threw a bit of a cloud over it for me.  I love Neil, but he's a moral shithouse - and by extension, so am I.  It's hard to listen to man who is prepared to play in Israel, this week of all weeks, singing "How many years can some people exist before they're allowed to be free? And how many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesn't see?"

I Can sympathise a bit with you there but i think it is a bit harsh to call him a moral shithouse, he has done more than most to protest war and quite frankly those lyrics need to be heard by the current Israeli government, fucking ours as well now i think about it.