You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Neil Young

King Emlyn

22 minutes ago, Tarwater said:

They forgot about Weld, though, so slightly misleading headline.

If someone needs The Guardian to rank some albums for them, they should give up listening to music & take up self harm or something instead.

• Upvote 1

Weld was actually the first Neil Young album I ever bought. Think it cost summit like £30 in HMV. My old man had finally stumped up for sky tv and I was up late, flicking through the channels. Must’ve been past 12.15 I guess? Anyway, ‘Hey hey, my my’ came on VH1 and it blew my mind. Think it was from ‘Rust never sleeps’ tour. The stage had those two fuck off massive Marshall stacks in the background. Neil looked like he just escaped from a mental institution. The next time I was in town I searched for the song in HMV but couldn’t find it. A few months later, I find it on Weld. I didn’t know any other Neil Young songs and thirty fucking quid was a shitload of money to spend on a cd. Think I had that album for a good ten years until I listened to it properly.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
Neil Young ends lawsuit over music played at Trump rallies
© Getty Images

Musician Neil Young has concluded his lawsuit against President Trump's campaign over the longtime songwriter’s music being played at campaign events.

Young filed the lawsuit in August after the Trump campaign played “Rockin’ in the Free World” and “Devil’s Sidewalk” at a rally in Tulsa, Okla., earlier this year, arguing that the Trump campaign did not have the proper licensing.

Attorneys for Young on Monday reportedly filed to dismiss the copyright case. 

The case was dismissed with prejudice, which means that Young’s claims cannot be renewed in separate filings. The move, which came on the day attorneys for the president were due to respond to Young’s claim, is usually a sign of a settlement, the Hollywood Reporter noted, though none was announced.

13 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:
Neil Young ends lawsuit over music played at Trump rallies
© Getty Images

Musician Neil Young has concluded his lawsuit against President Trump's campaign over the longtime songwriter’s music being played at campaign events.

Young filed the lawsuit in August after the Trump campaign played “Rockin’ in the Free World” and “Devil’s Sidewalk” at a rally in Tulsa, Okla., earlier this year, arguing that the Trump campaign did not have the proper licensing.

Attorneys for Young on Monday reportedly filed to dismiss the copyright case. 

The case was dismissed with prejudice, which means that Young’s claims cannot be renewed in separate filings. The move, which came on the day attorneys for the president were due to respond to Young’s claim, is usually a sign of a settlement, the Hollywood Reporter noted, though none was announced.

That's what his giant slush fund is for.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Damn, I do love this!

Never heard that before but it couldn't be anybody other than Neil Young. It sounds similar to the more recent Milky Way, another great song.

Love that raw and raggedy, dry as a bone guitar tone. As distinctive as ACDC or Motorhead.

Just reading that Change Your Mind was written for Kurt Cobain.

• 4 weeks later...