You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keane not at training today.

chris71

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I was trying to have a bit of debate/banter about football but the person I was directing it at obviously chose to ignore it, presumably so he could continue putting army paint on his face and wrap a red tea-towel around his head.

It's funny really, I come on here to talk football, not act hard but I suppose that's where me and you are different isn't it?

not sure where I was "acting hard" in that question, it had more than a hint of jest in it as you did infact appear to be talking to yourself.

I'm not Lennon's biggest fan.

However, there is definatly something there. If we can improve his final ball we'd have a real talent on our hands. He's quicker and more skillful than Pennant and is the opposite of Dirk.

But that's like saying, if we could improve Kuyt's first touch and his finishing we'd have a real talent on our hands. You're asking the impossible!

not sure where I was "acting hard" in that question, it had more than a hint of jest in it as you did infact appear to be talking to yourself.

Not in that post maybe, but having a look through your posts and it tends to just be anger towards other posters from yourself, which is fair enough, but I come on here to talk about footy.

Anyway, as I said in that post, when I was talking to myself ;-), onwards and upwards.

[From Guillem Balague:]

Benitez [is] in a very difficult position if he sells him for any less than the £20 million Liverpool paid for him and the club is seen to have made a loss. Benitez will be held responsible for underselling a player who has surprised many at the club – including players and technical staff – who had expected a great deal more from the Republic of Ireland forward.

Maybe if Rafa didn't insist on playing Keane in midfield he'd get more from him.

Just a thought, like.

Don't put words in my mouth, that isn't what I said and you know it.

I said I don't know if they asked or not, but if they didn't it would be staggering as it should have been the first thing they asked. Had they been able to catch Gillett and Parry in a lie, they could have nailed them with that.

So either they asked and the answer backed up the version given by Parry and Gillett, or they didn't ask. The one thing that is clear is that Rafa did not tell them anything different to Gillett and Parry did, because we'd know about it if he did.

But I don't know if they asked or not, and I told you that on the other thread.

Firstly, my apologies for misquoting you. I thought they'd not asked ? As you'd not been told Rafas version ? Had they asked it would be what Rick, George and Rafa told them.

Guest RafaIsRafa

That was weird, Keane was all smiles today so I cant believe he'd be like that if he was 100% fit but left out of the squad, the last thing any proper player would be doing is all smiles. So think he either had a knock and knew he couldnt play anyway or he's off.

I seem to remember the last time he was left out he stayed at home to avoid all the speculation being on him aswell. Guess we've only got 22 hours max to find out anyway.

Benitez said he 'thinks' Keane will stay.

Didn't sound very convincing.

He said 'I think so' and smiled. Aside from 'Yes,' that was pretty informative - it certainly took the wind out of that idiot Shreeves's sails, as he was clearly expecting loads of 'ums' and 'ahs' and 'no comment'. It was funny to watch.