You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keane/Redknapp

Brownie

None of them quite as vehemently and consistently as Redknapp though.

Its kind of his speciality.

I disagree, I just think he's an honest person who answers questions when they're asked. Nothing wrong with 'straight batting' those questions, indeed it's probably better, but equally I don't have a problem with a manager being honest about players.

Personally I don't see how it unsettles a player if a manager from another club says he thinks you're a good player. At the end of the day, if he wants to buy you then he's going to speak to your agent about it before making an offer anyway, because that's what happens in football. Remember Zeige? We didn't get done by the FA for making comments about him in the media, we got done because we were caught tapping him up.

It happens in pretty much every transfer deal out there so I think people are being naive and their anger is misplaced with Redknapp.

As I say, Levy is the one to be angry at.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, I just think he's an honest person who answers questions when they're asked. Nothing wrong with 'straight batting' those questions, indeed it's probably better, but equally I don't have a problem with a manager being honest about players.

Nah, he does it with intent. See Stouff's above http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/74205-keane-redknapp-3.html#post1527687

I am not angry at Redknapp, though. He's amusing. Like a clown.