You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keane/Redknapp

Brownie

Rafa can't do right for doing wrong these days.

Yup, nothing wrong with what he's said.

'Arry's talked about nearly every player this transfer window, and once again, Rafa's just saying what other managers daren't.

Spurs complained about us, we'll complain about them.

Seige mentality.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's put the Keane rumours to bed then............................hmmmmmmmmm

Some quotes from Rafa's press conference

Tottenham anger Liverpool in Keane saga - Premier League, Football - The Independent

Tottenham anger Liverpool in Keane saga

By Paul Walker, PA

Friday, 30 January 2009

Rafael Benitez has confirmed Liverpool have told Tottenham they are unhappy with their conduct in the Robbie Keane saga.

The Anfield chief believes Spurs boss Harry Redknapp's claims that he would like Keane at his club could constitute an illegal approach.

Liverpool have not officially reported the north London outfit to the Premier League, but Benitez has not ruled out doing so.

He said: "We have not decided yet whether we will take this further, it depends on their response."

Liverpool are particularly unhappy because of Spurs' complaints about the Reds' conduct when Keane moved to Anfield for £20m last summer.

That situation was only smoothed over when Liverpool apologised and made a donation to a charity of Tottenham's choice.

The capital club did make contact with Liverpool on Thursday, but Benitez said: "We have said to Spurs that we are not happy with them because of the comments from their manager about Robbie Keane.

"I do not think that they have come in with an offer. He has been training this week very well, he is our player and he is trying to make sure he is ready for the next match.

"I think he is a long-term part of our plans, I hope he scores a lot of goals."

Benitez added: "We are not happy with Spurs. We have told them we were not happy with their manager's comments in his press conference about Robbie.

"We were very, very correct when we signed Robbie even though Spurs were complaining. Now we have this situation to deal with.

"But Robbie has been fine. Spurs wanted the player but they had to do things properly.

"They have to make an official offer and we will say yes or no. You must do things properly, especially when you have complained about everybody when he first joined us."

Keane was dropped by Liverpool for last weekend's FA Cup tie against Everton, but returned to the squad at Wigan on Wednesday where he was a late substitute for Steven Gerrard.

The Republic of Ireland captain will be in the squad for Sunday's home match against title rivals Chelsea.

I think this is quite amusing, and it's about time Redknapp and Spurs got a taste of their own medicine. That said, I think we should have defended our case more powerfully over the summer - we did absolutely nothing wrong then, but because of Parry's incompetence it cost us more than it ought to have.

That said, I'm sure rafa knows full well that it was Robbie's agent who approached Spurs, back in November. It's not really a case of tapping up, or unsettling a happiuly settled player, when Keane's agent initiated all this!

Rafa's now had a bit of a go at Redknapp.

'All i'll say is that i'm not happy with what their manager had to say, that's it'.

I only saw Redknapp say something along the lines of, 'he's a great player and i'd be lying if I said I wouldn't like to work with him but he's Liverpool's player and he belongs to them so I don't wanna upset them at all. I can't see anything happening'.

Did I miss something?

Redknapp is always at it. He did it about Crouch as well. It's tame stuff, but very lazy and blatant.

Has anyone forgotten we issued a public apology to Spurs and donated an amount to a charity of their choice only because Rafa confirmed they were looking at Keane?

Why is that dopey-faced clown allowed to do exactly the same without an eyebrow being raised?

Because its all that 'Arry actually can do... and the media love him.

I've just looked back through the archives and it seems that Spurs did complain because of comments made by Rafa about Keane. I thought they reported us for an illegal approach, i.e. tapping him up behind their backs but it seems as though that's not the case, so my bad.

They have a fucking cheek! I wouldn't be concentrating my frustrations on Redknapp though as I have no problems with his comments; it's that Levy who's the fucking hypocrite.

Who gives a shit.

All managers do it. And then they all moan about other manager's doing it.

Move on I say.

Rednapp is a serial offender, and has for years gotten away with stuff other managers have caught serious flack for, or even been punished for! It's ridiculous.