You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keane/Redknapp

Brownie

Rafa's now had a bit of a go at Redknapp.

'All i'll say is that i'm not happy with what their manager had to say, that's it'.

I only saw Redknapp say something along the lines of, 'he's a great player and i'd be lying if I said I wouldn't like to work with him but he's Liverpool's player and he belongs to them so I don't wanna upset them at all. I can't see anything happening'.

Did I miss something?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Just had a pop at Redknapp and Spurs over comments about Keane

Spot on, especially after the stink they kicked up over us in the summer

Would have put it in one of the other myraid of Rafa threads but it's neither about him getting sacked or staying

Redknapp has said he wants Keane a few times.

If it was the other way round Redknapp would be going mad.

BTW does Redknapp have a pres conference every day? It seems like it. The cunts never off tv talking about who he'd like to sign. Or how them losing is all the players fault.

Probably needs saying about Redknapp, but it might make sense for Rafa to keep a reasonably low profile at the moment and not bother with that shit.

It was in response to a question, had he fudged it, considering the current climate, he would have only been throwing more petrol on the bombfire.

If we win the next five games I think he a genius for doing this. If not then he is a destabilizing fool.

Yeah, the tit

Probably needs saying about Redknapp, but it might make sense for Rafa to keep a reasonably low profile at the moment and not bother with that shit.

It seems to me he's trying to do what Mourinho did. Make a huge blaze of publicity, so the focus is all on him, leaving the players to relax with the pressure off them, and get focused on winning the league. Er.. it hasn't really happened for us the same way admittedly.

Rafa's now had a bit of a go at Redknapp.

'All i'll say is that i'm not happy with what their manager had to say, that's it'.

I only saw Redknapp say something along the lines of, 'he's a great player and i'd be lying if I said I wouldn't like to work with him but he's Liverpool's player and he belongs to them so I don't wanna upset them at all. I can't see anything happening'.

Did I miss something?

The whole basis of them lodging a complaint with the FA, and crying the little bitches, was after similar comments from Rafa.

The whole basis of them lodging a complaint with the FA, and crying the little bitches, was after similar comments from Rafa.

Was our interest in Keane as a response to a direct question or did we come out with it ourselves? I really can't remember, hence the questions!

I just don't see the point in it.

Was our interest in Keane as a response to a direct question or did we come out with it ourselves? I really can't remember, hence the questions!

I seem to remember Rafa was directly asked about Keane, and said "he is one of the players we are looking at".

Rafa was asked a question which he answered in a similar tone to Mr Brown Envelope, that in itself is harmless enough, but Spurs basically got us on a technicality.

The technicality being that the quotes where run on LFC.TV, which Spurs argued that it proved we were trying to tap him up, as it had been run by the clubs in house media, which they argued, must have been with approval.

Truth be told it was a cock up on our part but I find it fucking infuriating that car crash face and that fucking shyster Levi have the fucking balls to moan about us on one hand and then tap every fucker up publically with no comeback.

Sbragia commented on it last week when he accused them of tapping Kenwyne Jones up, this only being a few weeks after Redknapp was talking publicly about Defoe whilst still being a Portsmouth player.

If he's unhappy that Redknapp is talking about Keane in public and trying to unsettle him, why shouldn't he say so when asked?

He wasn't asked that. He was asked, 'We heard yesterday that you have received an approach from Spurs for Robbie Keane, can you confirm or deny that?'

He usually just plays it with a straight bat but obviously wanted to have a bit of a pop at Redknapp.

I just don't understand the correlation between the two situations; Spurs reported us for tapping Keane up, not asking a question about him in a press conference. Have Spurs tapped Keane up? No idea, but that's not what Rafa was complaining about is it?

It's a bit like another man saying he wouldn't mind a go on a girl that you were with but barely "touched" (talked to).

Why can't he just shut the fuck up?

The Rafa I love just gets on with it and sorts shit out - starting Sunday. Yes, the media are twats, but why give them any more ammo