Quantcast
The Godfather - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

The Godfather

On 12/24/2016 at 4:15 PM, Kevin D said:

Loads of the Godfather's main action, namely the assassination attempt on Don Corleone, take place over Chirstmas.

It's that time of year, again, to enjoy the best Christmas ever made.

• Upvote 1

On 03/03/2015 at 09:05, Trumo said:

The thing that most bothers me about all the films is that it really looks as though Talia Shire can't act. I don't think she's that good in the Rocky films either. Everybody talks about Sofia Coppola stinking the place out in Part III but Shire is just as bad throughout the series. Without the nepotism, the films could have been even better. Part III is not actually that bad a film when judged on its own merits (ie, not compared to the first two) but it over-eggs the pudding by having the Vatican and the change of Pope as the backdrop to the plotline. It doesn't work in the same way that the Cuban Revolution did as the backdrop to the plotline in Part II. Also, because Duvall didn't want to be in it, Coppola had to write Tom Hagen out and put George Hamilton in as Michael's new consigliere CJ. For all Michael's berating of his family to keep all family matters in-house in the earlier films, it seems odd that he'd now have an outsider like CJ as his right hand man.

I watched Part III again last night. I really like it, Sofia Coppola isn't great but the way the film builds to the drama in the last 20 minutes or so is brilliant & it has the same feel as the first two. The Sicillian hitman is fucking class too.

Clearly it's not a patch on I or II but I think it's underrated.

• Upvote 3

They had to rewrite it due to robert Duvall not wanting to appear ( he wanted equal money to Pacino) and the daughter role was meant to be played by Winona Ryder but she was pulled out at the last minute 

• Upvote 2

Like a lot of sequels that gets slammed,  it's simply down to not living up to the masterpieces that came before.   Not a bad movie at all if taken on it's own merit. 

First 2 were absolute classics,as I've previously said but when you watch Part 3 soon after,woah,its only connection is a couple of the characters. I never realised at first how bad Sofia Coppola was in it but she was bad,and the whole film was a bit of a mess. Its ok as a stand alone but shouldnt have the same name as the first two.

On 20/03/2020 at 09:33, VladimirIlyich said:

First 2 were absolute classics,as I've previously said but when you watch Part 3 soon after,woah,its only connection is a couple of the characters. I never realised at first how bad Sofia Coppola was in it but she was bad,and the whole film was a bit of a mess. Its ok as a stand alone but shouldnt have the same name as the first two.

Godfather 3 was certainly missing a certain something. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mook said:

IMG-20200329-WA0004.jpg

I watched that scene during the film about a week ago and those 'punches' missed by so much you could have sent a letter in between. Great scene but looks quite a bit uncoordinated compared to today's stuff.