You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

One Moment

snez1

I'm sorry to start a new thread but this is personally quite a big moment for me. I never thought i'd type this but tonight was the night i lost faith in the one man at our club i really believed in. Before the "i told you so's" start, it's not because he's been negative or because he plays Lucas every week, or because i've realised (like others have claimed this season) that he won't win us the title because of his tactics.

My faith is gone because of that substitution. There was no logical, tactical reason for it what so ever. Rafa was sending out a message. Taking off the best player he's got for a man he's got no belief in. Rafa's always been a stubborn fuck, but that was a huge "fuck you" to the fans tonight and i wouldn't be surprised if it was some sort of stupid gesture about the whole Keane fiasco, like him saying "there you go, have your precious Keane on the pitch, i'll take off Gerrard". Whatever his reason, he's lost one fan at least tonight that always, always believed in and backed him regardless of whether i agreed with him.

The Premiership is over and as far as i'm concerned it's 18 titles each with United. Rafa will be off in the summer and Agger, and i'll bet a few more will go too. Our club's in a fucking mess and the one guy i trusted to always be there to help put it right has shown tonight he's not up for it and not up to it. Leave aside your personal squables when we're on the pitch Rafa, this club matters more than you, Ferguson, the press and whoever else. That substitution was symbolic and will have pissed off the players as much as the fans.

I've not been this low as a Liverpool fan before. Under GH in his horrible last 2 years i knew he was a lame duck and i didn't trust him any more, but this is different. I've maintained belief in Rafa all season and in 1 swift action tonight he's made it all evaporate.

I genuinely feel like crying and if that makes me a faggot then so be it, but tonight is one of the worst night's i've ever had as a Liverpool fan. I know i won't feel better in the morning and probably not for a long while.

I don't know where we go from here, really. Those cunts are still in charge and realistically, any other foreign investors will only want to rape us too. There are no stand out candidates to replace Rafa if (or when, as i believe) he goes in the summer, and even Nando doesn't look like he's up to it at the moment.

Tossed and blown indeed.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not been this low as a Liverpool fan before. Under GH in his horrible last 2 years i knew he was a lame duck and i didn't trust him any more, but this is different. I've maintained belief in Rafa all season and in 1 swift action tonight he's made it all evaporate.

I genuinely feel like crying and if that makes me a faggot then so be it, but tonight is one of the worst night's i've ever had as a Liverpool fan. I know i won't feel better in the morning and probably not for a long while.

I felt like this since the Arsenal game.

Problem is we could be struggling for fourth position as we do not have any momentum whatsover and have some tough teams to face.

If Rafa doesn't finish at least fourth, he'll be sacked.

It hurts so much to say i've lost faith in him because for the first time in my lifetime we've had a manager who had done something that showed he could be up there with the likes of Shanks and Bob. He won a European Cup for us with a shit squad in his first season. He showed he could do it and it looked like our generation would be able to grow up with Rafa in charge, leading the way as a sort of figure like we always had from Shanks right through to Kenny.

Now thats gone and it's a fucking horrible, empty feeling.

Great post and i feel the same. Recently i have (on here) backed rafa but tonite Rafa benitez has signed his death warrant as liverpool manager. He deserves to go. Its all Utter shite. Babel and lucas are no where near good enough to start yet play for our team. Rafa you cunt, in our league campaign you had put us in the driving seat and have taken us out of the running. Your a prick, a power hungry wanker and i hope you do not get a new contract. Even if torres, masha and reina (rafas biggest allies) leave with him id sack him. NO-ONE is bigger than liverpool.

He needs to go and in an ideal world we'll get new owners, a new coach and new players so we can win no 19 next year before the scum get that far.

Rafa out and my man in would be Martin O'Neill (but thats a different story).

The only thing that's stopping me from agreeing with you is that I wanted him gone after the Barnsley game last season, and he managed to turn it around then. He at least deserves that chance. But I have lost a massive amount of respect for him recently.

I wanted him gone after the Barnsley game, but he turned it around. Then the last two pathetic months happened. He earned his chance after Barnsley, but he wasted the chance. Time's up.

You'll never walk alone...

Well, unless you draw a few games, then you can just fuck off.

Interesting that when he leaves Keane on the bench while we're drawing, he gets abuse. Then when we're drawing and he brings him on, he still gets abuse.

Gerrard was taken off? Yeah well I suppose playing with 12 players on the pitch would have got us into trouble. How often has Gerrard been rested this season- How many minutes has he missed through "rest" and rotation? Gerrard has been on the pitch the last 6 games we've drawn and we DID still draw them.

I mean, I was upset we drew this game, but the extent of the bullshit on this forum really makes me appreciate the ability to look at a larger picture. Certainly, I refuse to so easily give in to this Tabloid Hysteria about Rafa's alliance with Hicks, Stubborness, Agenda, killing our club, bullshit.

I realise people love the club, and are getting very emotional but me, I plan to keep the faith, thank you very much.

Sorry, I forgot to mention how good that post was. I've been reading this site for years but tonight is the first time I felt the need to express some frustration at what's happening. A really shit month and you know that even beating Chelsea won't erase the sense that it's all gone horribly wrong. Rafa is one frustrating manager.

I still reckon we can win the league from here; I am not giving up yet.

You're right: it is still winnable. But can you see Rafa doing it? Every game now while he is manager, we slip further behind.

I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Chelsea, and everyone says we've over-reacted and Rafa is still the man, and then we have three months of mediocrity, and (quite possibly) only a UEFA Cup place.

It hurts so much to say i've lost faith in him because for the first time in my lifetime we've had a manager who had done something that showed he could be up there with the likes of Shanks and Bob. He won a European Cup for us with a shit squad in his first season. He showed he could do it and it looked like our generation would be able to grow up with Rafa in charge, leading the way as a sort of figure like we always had from Shanks right through to Kenny.

Now thats gone and it's a fucking horrible, empty feeling.

The thing I don't understand is that he's been our manager since 2004. This is his fifth year here and he still hasn't figured out this league and what it takes to win it. If he hasn't learnt this by now, he should just do one.

Yes, Istanbul was a fantastic achievement and the best night of my life (too young for the other European triumphs :laugh: ) and everyone expected us to move on up a few levels. He now has one of the best squads in England and Europe and he's just fucking it up. The Dirk obsession is just fucking wrong. Nice guy, but a shithouse donkey of a player. Now Lucas....

How many youngsters have been brought in since 2004 and how many have been given any chances in the first team apart from Insua, who nearly went to the Geordies on loan. When Arbeloa was injured, he pulled Carra from out the centre. Why not try Darby there? He's looks a decent player.

The thing is he's ranted several times about the lack of money compared to the likes of Mancs, Chelsea etc. He has a point, but he's still signed shit player after shit player.

Yes we have Torres, but apart from Lil Luis, every attacker that he has signed with the possible exeception of Riera has been shite. The only other decent attacker he signed was Crouchy and he treated him like shite.

We've needed wingers from day one of his reign and I know he wanted Simao and Alves, but why did it take 5 years to sign someone like Riera? How many times did it take him to sign a decent right back? He just spunked £7m on another donkey in Dossena.

Football is such a simple game and Rafa time after time just complicates it horrendously.

Even if he finishes 4th, I will sack him.

Top 2 finish with only 5 points max off the mancs as thats an improvement again.

Beat Everton next week and then Villa in the next round to progress.

Beat Real Madrid.

And win one of those two or both, and then il forgive Rafa and I'll be behind him to keep his job for another year.

Otherwise - Stick Kuyt, Lucas and Keane up his stubborn arse and out the fucking door!

You'll never walk alone...

Well, unless you draw a few games, then you can just fuck off.

Interesting that when he leaves Keane on the bench while we're drawing, he gets abuse. Then when we're drawing and he brings him on, he still gets abuse.

Gerrard was taken off? Yeah well I suppose playing with 12 players on the pitch would have got us into trouble. How often has Gerrard been rested this season- How many minutes has he missed through "rest" and rotation? Gerrard has been on the pitch the last 6 games we've drawn and we DID still draw them.

I mean, I was upset we drew this game, but the extent of the bullshit on this forum really makes me appreciate the ability to look at a larger picture. Certainly, I refuse to so easily give in to this Tabloid Hysteria about Rafa's alliance with Hicks, Stubborness, Agenda, killing our club, bullshit.

I realise people love the club, and are getting very emotional but me, I plan to keep the faith, thank you very much.

Get in the real world. If you don't agree and you have faith in Rafa still then fine. I'm not some fucking fickle twat who wants him gone right now or calls for hs head whenever we lose. I'm not even saying i want him gone because, as i said, i have no idea where we'd go after him, I'm just saying that tonight, that substitution was ridiculous and clear signal.

Tired? My arse Rafa.

The thing I don't understand is that he's been our manager since 2004. This is his fifth year here and he still hasn't figured out this league and what it takes to win it. If he hasn't learnt this by now, he should just do one.

Yes, Istanbul was a fantastic achievement and the best night of my life (too young for the other European triumphs :laugh: ) and everyone expected us to move on up a few levels. He now has one of the best squads in England and Europe and he's just fucking it up. The Dirk obsession is just fucking wrong. Nice guy, but a shithouse donkey of a player. Now Lucas....

How many youngsters have been brought in since 2004 and how many have been given any chances in the first team apart from Insua, who nearly went to the Geordies on loan. When Arbeloa was injured, he pulled Carra from out the centre. Why not try Darby there? He's looks a decent player.

The thing is he's ranted several times about the lack of money compared to the likes of Mancs, Chelsea etc. He has a point, but he's still signed shit player after shit player.

Yes we have Torres, but apart from Lil Luis, every attacker that he has signed with the possible exeception of Riera has been shite. The only other decent attacker he signed was Crouchy and he treated him like shite.

We've needed wingers from day one of his reign and I know he wanted Simao and Alves, but why did it take 5 years to sign someone like Riera? How many times did it take him to sign a decent right back? He just spunked £7m on another donkey in Dossena.

Football is such a simple game and Rafa time after time just complicates it horrendously.

I'm not sure i agree with all that, like I said my gripe isn't that he is negative sometime or persists with his favourites, my faiths been shaken because of the way he reacted tonight. It tok the piss big time. I don't have the energy to get into a debate about his tactics or argue the case for Dirk anymore, i'll just see how the season goes from here and hope for the best. I hope he turns it round, but something's changed with how i feel towards him tonight.

Get in the real world. If you don't agree and you have faith in Rafa still then fine. I'm not some fucking fickle twat who wants him gone right now or calls for hs head whenever we lose. I'm not even saying i want him gone because, as i said, i have no idea hwere we'd go after him, I'm just saying that tonight, that substitution was ridiculous and clear signal.

Tired? My arse Rafa.

Ok.

Guest RafaIsRafa

The Dirk obsession is just fucking wrong. Nice guy, but a shithouse donkey of a player.

Easy, thats well out of order, I agree with a lot of what you say but whatever anyone thinks of Dirk as a footballer one thing he most definitely isn't is a shithouse. He never hides no matter how much of a shocker he's having, he works his balls off and he steps up to take penalties in the most high pressure situations, now if you were calling our other Dutch winger/striker a shithouse then i'd reluctantly agree.

And I dont rate Dirk, the sooner he's not a regular the better but shithouse? No way at all.

You've slagged people off for weeks/months on end for posting what you did because of one substitution. Have a look what you've said to people who've expressed concern about the manager/tactics/substitutions et al and then read your own post again. This isn't I told you so, but rather take a look at yourself.