You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you swap him for Keane now, given that we've only paid £5m up front so far?

Granted he was never worth what Spurs payed for him in the first place and his confidence is absolutely shattered now, but I reckon he'd be a better option at this stage. Rafa definitely rated him before too.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for me. Rated both of them at Spurs (with Berbatov and Defoe, that was a front 4 to die for) but Keane is more naturally talented I reckon.

Under no circumstances should we be selling players this transfer window and upsetting the balance of the squad unless absolutely necessary (and there aren't any players I'd put in that category). Keep pluggin' away as we are...

• 1 year later...
Would you swap him for Keane now, given that we've only paid £5m up front so far?

Granted he was never worth what Spurs payed for him in the first place and his confidence is absolutely shattered now, but I reckon he'd be a better option at this stage. Rafa definitely rated him before too.

Good spot, mate. Pity you're not in charge of our transfer procedures.

Bent is the type of player that will score goals for mediocre teams when there is no pressure on him.

Bent has scored goals wherever he has been playing, you only need to give him starts and he will guarentee you goals.

His goals to game ratio is up there with the best and we can only speculate how many goals he would score for a team who actually created loads for chances for him.

Throughout his career he has got a 1 in 2 ratio from starts made.

Bent has scored goals wherever he has been playing, you only need to give him starts and he will guarentee you goals.

His goals to game ratio is up there with the best and we can only speculate how many goals he would score for a team who actually created loads for chances for him.

Throughout his career he has got a 1 in 2 ratio from starts made.

You get a lot of stick on here - some of it well deserved (the fullback list) - but credit where its due you were right about Bent and you were right about Robbie Keane. Credit to the OP too - Bent would have been a great signing for us especially because of Torres's injury problems.

• 1 month later...

We really should have tried to sign him, he's been brilliant for Sunderland and he could've been about as good here, barring the amount of time he'd have had to spend on the bench. Last season might've gone a lot better if we'd have tried to arrange sometype of swap for him when Keane went back.

Won't be that surprised if he sinks Utd on sunday either, given the pressure the Mancs will have and his form. He's scored 5 pens as far as I could see when checking, but he's now scored 25 in 38 games.