You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reports linking Keane with City.

Xherdan

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, I'm all for this new policy of selecting players because they've done well for the reserves. I'm sure it will give great heart to Darby and Spearing for example.

Not good news for Plessis though, this means he's got no chance of making the bench again.

What?

I think it would be the best move for the player and us. I didnt understand his signing but we now have a 20+ goal PL striker on our hands who's confidence is completely shot and the manager has it in for because his name isnt Gareth Barry.

I have absolutely no doubt that he will score plenty of goals elsewhere so it would be best if he moved on, for him just as much as us. I actually feel sorry for the lad. He is a fucking pawn in the Parry/G+H/Rafa game.

On a side note, the amounts of established goal scorers, attack minded players and promising youngsters who have joined us during Rafa's reign and have gone sh1t is just staggering.

20MILLION!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

No matter how much I think about it I just cannot believe we paid that much for him, it's fucking ridiculous. He has always been worth 10mil MAX and thats all we are going to get for him, we're basically going to be throwing away millions of dollars when he's sold.

Except he's only played for 1 club in competitive games since July 1st.

Indeed. He cannot move to SPURS, however, due to the twelve-month rule. i know that Redknapp applied to the FA at the start of the month for special permission to resign him and was told it was not possible. But under the rules he can move to another club - problem is, who would have him? It won't be City now they've signed Bellamy, and noone else could afford him.

He'll probably go back to Spurs in the summer, or maybe Celtic although he woon't fetch more than about £8m in my opinion, especially as Rafa has made it clear he's unwanted.

I dont feel sorry for him at all, for a supposed boyhood Liverpool fan his attitude has stunk the place out since he's been here, he's obviously go no fight in him

Compare the attitude of Xabi with Keane, both feel aggrieved by the actions of the manager but one of them kicks on determined to prove his worth and plays better than he has for a couple of years while the other plays shit and mouths fuck off to the bench when he deservedly gets the hook

Sturridge looks a very good striker and would be a good option to have on the bench. Didn't realise he was out of contract soon. Michael Johnson is another talented player, but sadly he hasn't kicked on from last season.

Both are superb talents but neither is going to progress unless they get games and I can't see either of them getting that many with city or us due to the strength at each club and the pressures around the clubs (for our title challenge, see their relegation struggle).

City were one of the clubs where the youth system really worked, Sturridge, Johnson, Richards, Ireland etc and that was due to lack of finance and having to play the kids to supplement numbers. Now they have money, their ambition will increase and the kids won't get their chance.

Shame really.

I think it would be the best move for the player and us. I didnt understand his signing but we now have a 20+ goal PL striker on our hands who's confidence is completely shot and the manager has it in for because his name isnt Gareth Barry.

I have absolutely no doubt that he will score plenty of goals elsewhere so it would be best if he moved on, for him just as much as us. I actually feel sorry for the lad. He is a fucking pawn in the Parry/G+H/Rafa game.

On a side note, the amounts of established goal scorers, attack minded players and promising youngsters who have joined us during Rafa's reign and have gone sh1t is just staggering.

He's not good enough for a top club, which is why none ever came in for him until we gambled in the summer.

He hasn't the mental strength, real quality & tactical awareness to play with very good players at a top team.

Very similar set-up to Dean Saunders who didn't have the control when defenses were deep. He again got goals when back at his level.

We have to make gambles- the problem with this one was his age & price always meant we were going to lose a lot of cash.

(contrast with Bellamy who was an excellent gamble as we got him cheap; he falied but we still made a bit of cash)

Only 1 quality attacking player has joined us in Rafa's time & he has got even better.

Everything else are gambles dictated by our financial position, some of which have worked (Crouch,Bell), some of which haven't (Pennant).

The stupidity in buying Robbie was his price & Rafa is entirely responsible for that.

There is nothing wrong with his treatment of him though: I would be annoyed if he continued to play someone who manifestly is not good enough.

Indeed. He cannot move to SPURS, however, due to the twelve-month rule. i know that Redknapp applied to the FA at the start of the month for special permission to resign him and was told it was not possible. But under the rules he can move to another club - problem is, who would have him? It won't be City now they've signed Bellamy, and noone else could afford him.

He'll probably go back to Spurs in the summer, or maybe Celtic although he woon't fetch more than about £8m in my opinion, especially as Rafa has made it clear he's unwanted.

didn't realise spurs had approached the FA - I thought that was nothing more than a formality to get round if you want and it's there mostly to stop big clubs buying young players and loaning them back. They also seem to be in for Chimbonda and that rule isn't an issue.

I dont feel sorry for him at all, for a supposed boyhood Liverpool fan his attitude has stunk the place out since he's been here, he's obviously go no fight in him

Compare the attitude of Xabi with Keane, both feel aggrieved by the actions of the manager but one of them kicks on determined to prove his worth and plays better than he has for a couple of years while the other plays shit and mouths fuck off to the bench when he deservedly gets the hook

well said mate,keanes attitude is a disgrace,who does he think he is?, he is always wagging his finger at the ref,pointing at players to mark when hes standing there doing fuck all. for me hes an average player just like bellamy,

crouch,cisse,baros............................

Keane's attitude was spot on at the start of the year, those saying it wasn't are either blind or lying to suit their argument. Its pretty obvious that Rafa, having spent 20 million on him, had decided at some stage before Christmas that he isn't what he wanted and wants rid of him. Unfortunately Keane started hitting a bit of form, so Rafa bombed him out of the team for a few games to put a stop to it. I mean, why the fuck would a team chasing the league with Torres crocked want that.:( For me it stunk of the manager playing Machiavelli for his own purposes and to the detriment of the club and our title challenge. Call me a conspirator, but dropping a striker coming into form makes no sense. But then again, playing Kuyt in every single game this year doesn't either.

There is a groundswell of opinion starting to form now that Keane won't try and has a shit attitude, but in my opinion he is being deliberately provoked into this by the manager, and in that situation there will ever only be one winner. Its impossible for him to prove Rafa wrong as he could score a hattrick and be dropped for a few games. No matter how bad he has been, Ngog ahead of him in the pecking order is just wrong.

Only 1 quality attacking player has joined us in Rafa's time & he has got even better.

Everything else are gambles dictated by our financial position, some of which have worked (Crouch,Bell), some of which haven't (Pennant).

Bellamy was not a success whichever way you try and look at it.

It means squat that we got our money back on him.

Bellamy was not a success whichever way you try and look at it.

It means squat that we got our money back on him.

People don't seem to appreciate how far behind we are off-the-pitch.

So we consequently have to gamble & go for relative "long-shots"

If you have a relative long-shot like Bellamy who "might" come off (becuase of his extreme pace), try it & it doesn't but you make a profit then that is a success.

Because it allows you to gamble again until one of them works.

If i let you bet on 10 20/1 horses with your stake money + a little bit back even if you lose, you would absolutely love it

People don't seem to appreciate how far behind we are off-the-pitch.

So we consequently have to gamble & go for relative "long-shots"

If you have a relative long-shot like Bellamy who "might" come off (becuase of his extreme pace), try it & it doesn't but you make a profit then that is a success.

Because it allows you to gamble again until one of them works.

If i let you bet on 10 20/1 horses with your stake money + a little bit back even if you lose, you would absolutely love it

I see what you are saying but there is a huge difference between 'not losing' and 'winning' and the purchase of Bellamy merely delayed our progress for yet another season..

Rafa has got a big splotch over his eye where any sort of ability to spot a decent attacking player is concerned and, frankly, it's starting to piss me off.

I mean, David N'gog? Give me fucking strength.

Keane's attitude was spot on at the start of the year, those saying it wasn't are either blind or lying to suit their argument. Its pretty obvious that Rafa, having spent 20 million on him, had decided at some stage before Christmas that he isn't what he wanted and wants rid of him. Unfortunately Keane started hitting a bit of form, so Rafa bombed him out of the team for a few games to put a stop to it. I mean, why the fuck would a team chasing the league with Torres crocked want that.:( For me it stunk of the manager playing Machiavelli for his own purposes and to the detriment of the club and our title challenge. Call me a conspirator, but dropping a striker coming into form makes no sense. But then again, playing Kuyt in every single game this year doesn't either.

There is a groundswell of opinion starting to form now that Keane won't try and has a shit attitude, but in my opinion he is being deliberately provoked into this by the manager, and in that situation there will ever only be one winner. Its impossible for him to prove Rafa wrong as he could score a hattrick and be dropped for a few games. No matter how bad he has been, Ngog ahead of him in the pecking order is just wrong.

Gotta agree with most of that. Continually subbing Keane even when he was playing well wasn't going to do much to boost his confidence

They got permission to sign Defoe, under the same circumstances

Good post that. I'm willing to listen to arguements that Keane wont make it here, but it was amazing to see that each time Keane bagged some goals or was playing well, he was immediately dropped. It was lunatic stuff.

What nonsense.

He is not good enough to start every game (he shouldn't start at all if Torres/Gerrard are available)

He played him against the BS in the League at home, a massive game for obvious reasons & he responded not by scoring a hattrick but by being completely hopeless.

Kuyt has achieved way more in world football than Keane, who hadn't even kicked a ball in the CL by 28.

I am sure you (correctly) called GH stubborn for persisiting with Dioff when he wasn't good enough.

So don't criticise Rafa for doing the opposite & also stop & think for a minute about the excuses that peopl are making for him: you sound awfully like GH did:

He is not good enough for a CL team; never has been

What nonsense.

He is not good enough to start every game (he shouldn't start at all if Torres/Gerrard are available)

He played him against the BS in the League at home, a massive game for obvious reasons & he responded not by scoring a hattrick but by being completely hopeless.

Kuyt has achieved way more in world football than Keane, who hadn't even kicked a ball in the CL by 28.

I am sure you (correctly) called GH stubborn for persisiting with Dioff when he wasn't good enough.

So don't criticise Rafa for doing the opposite & also stop & think for a minute about the excuses that peopl are making for him: you sound awfully like GH did:

He is not good enough for a CL team; never has been

Diouff and Keane been compared? Your hatred of keane is so pronounced now that you're just spouting.