You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reports linking Keane with City.

Xherdan

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said in the summer, its about time we started giving some of the kids a go. I was right about Insua being better than Dossena, and I think Nemeth wouldn't let me down either if given the chance, I think he'd make a decent understudy to Torres and I'd like to have seen Babel given more of a go upfront.

I have a bad feeling that a future world beater is gonna get pissed off and want to leave our great club. He is a joy to watch when he plays Goals just come natural even if he isnt scoring when he plays there is always someone else who does, he has a great presence which IMO we could do with now. It is a shame he was injured because if he hadn't of been he would of been shitting up everyone's defenses by now. This is one player i feel very strongly about that should be given a chance. He is ready to step up. It kills me to see players that don't give a fuck being Babel get picked over him. And how Ngog gets ahead of him i will never know. Nemeth is ready for the first team IMO N'gog still isnt quite there.

This is what we are craving for.

[YOUTUBE]tTQtrsfkOp8[/YOUTUBE]

Is Rafa playing a blinder in the media and managing to push Keane out whilst placing the entire blame for his signing at the door of Parry?

Seems that may be what's happening. Even Aldo was commenting about who signed him!

Its absurd to believe that everything coming from Rafa's mouth has some ulterior motive or that he has personally ensured that every snippet of gossip in the gutter press has been planted.

Love to see Nemeth given a chance

What, and have the lad crucified at Anfield by the crowd if he has (in their opinion) a bad game etc?

Insua has done very well but he's at the back and wont have the same expectations or pressure as Nemeth would up front.

In time, Nemeth will get his chance or rather should do. But Benitez as manager really needs to manage the keane situation so we get something out of it.

Anyone else not wonder if Rafa's treatment of Keane might make other top players think twice about signing for us? While Keane has hardly set the world alight he's barely here a wet day.Beardsley spoke recently about how long it took him to settle and how he wouldnt have lasted today.I think Keane's treatment & the disgracefull treatment of Crouch last season will make alot of players have a long think before signing for a Benitez team.

Anyone else not wonder if Rafa's treatment of Keane might make other top players think twice about signing for us? While Keane has hardly set the world alight he's barely here a wet day.Beardsley spoke recently about how long it took him to settle and how he wouldnt have lasted today.I think Keane's treatment & the disgracefull treatment of Crouch last season will make alot of players have a long think before signing for a Benitez team.

On the other hand...they may see his treatment of Kuyt and see a player getting to play no matter what level of performance he put in.

There was no disgraceful treatment of Crouch last year. He's not as good as Torres who plays best on his own. He started our 3 worst performances of the season. He started our most important game of the season up till then when we played Arse at home in the CL.

He left for regular football. I wish him all the best & he has NEVER once complained that he wasn't treated professionally.

Robbie has played 17 PL games this season.

He is manifestly not good enough for a top team (which explains why none signed him before 28 ).

If he was played THEN Rafa would be acting stubborn & GH like a la Dioff.

There is nothing wrong with the treatment of Keane. There was a major mistake made (by Rafa, so I am not letting him off the hook) in signing him.

But to play somebody who isn't good enouigh is even worse

And don't bring up Kuyt because he has goals in every CL qualifying round against the best in the world whilst Robbie was mincing about in the Uefa Cup

Keane in Cup snub: Future of £20million Liverpool striker in doubt again as he stays away after Rafa axe | Mail Online

Robbie Keane's Liverpool future has been thrown into doubt again after he responded to being axed by staying away from their 1-1 FA Cup fourth-round draw with Everton.

The £20million summer signing went absent after not even making the substitutes’ bench.

He has grown increasingly frustrated at failing to gain a regular place in Rafa Benitez’s starting line-up.

The manager did little to dampen speculation that Keane could soon be on his way by preferring rookie striker David Ngog, 19, signed for £1.5m from Paris St-Germain, as a substitute.

Benitez added insult to injury by suggesting Ngog had done more to merit a place on the bench.

‘I have not seen Robbie, but I know all players want to be involved with the squad and may not be happy at being left out,’ he said.

‘I decided not to select him, that was all. He is not injured, but Ngog scored two goals for the reserves the other day, so he was a good option.’

Final nail in Keane's coffin?

'Ngog scored twice for the reserves in their last match, so he was a good option. And we have Ryan Babel and Lucas who can play forward, so we were well covered.'

David N-Gog? Babel who can't get into the team and has never played up front, Lucas - see Babel? It's shocking treatment in my opinion and a gret way to drive his price down.