You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ressies tonight

dave u

A few injuries I hear, and not too many options at centre back. Ayala is still out, Huth is away with Paraguay and Kelly also has a knock apparently. Might see Darby at centre back with San Jose unless someone from the Academy is called up.

The lads who are back from loan aren't being considered though, which I find strange. Antwi, Hammill and Lindfield weren't in the squad for the game that got called off last week, and they aren't in the squad tonight either apparently.

Is there some regulation stopping them playing? Bizarre that someone like Hammill isn't getting a game.

Also, Duran has a knee injury, but it's not the same knee he's had all the problems with.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think there is a regulation Dave and like you say strange that a player such as Hammill is not getting selected.

It must be Rafa has loan deals nearly arranged for them to all go back out on loan again so therefore does not want to risk them.

Don't think there is a regulation Dave and like you say strange that a player such as Hammill is not getting selected.

It must be Rafa has loan deals nearly arranged for them to all go back out on loan again so therefore does not want to risk them.

Maybe, but they could just as easily get injured in training. Besides, Ablett could really do with them lads in his side.

True so there must be some regulation then but ive never heard of one.

I don't know of any regulation either, certainly not when the player was only on a six month loan. I remember Mellor had some problems when he came back from loan early, as he was registered with the other club and needed their permission to be able to play. He wasn't eligible for the first team but he was allowed to play in the ressies (and got 11 goals in four games or something daft like that!).

I just think it's strange that they aren't being selected. I'll try and find out why.

there's no regulation there as there loan deals finishedso the registration sits back with the club again. Why you wouldn't play them is a bizarre thing mind I do agree.

Chances are that they will all be off on loan again. That said I dont think antwi and lindfield set the world alight on loan anyway so may not necessarily be too fit. I know the ressies is darn slow these days but surely they could last.

I'd guess that Darby would play in the middle with maybe Irwin at RB? Andre Wisdom might get called up again as he did make the bench at newcastle.

NGOG LINES UP FOR RESERVES

Steve Hunter 20 January 2009

David Ngog and Krisztian Nemeth lead the attack as Liverpool Reserves take on Middlesbrough tonight in their first game of 2009 - a match you can watch live online or on LFC TV from 6.30pm GMT.

Icelandic midfielder Victor Palsson is on the bench for the first time following his recent arrival from Danish side AGF Arhus.

Kick-off at the Halliwell Jones Stadium in Warrington is at 7pm and our build-up programme starts at 6.30pm when presenter Matt Critchley will be joined by David Johnson and John Durnin.

David Fairclough will be part of our commentary team as Ablett's side look to get back on the winning trail after four games without a victory.

Liverpool team

Peter Gulacsi

Emmanuel Mendy

Stephen Darby

Mikel San Jose

Jay Spearing

Damien Plessis

Nabil El Zhar

Daniel Pacheco

David Ngog

Krisztian Nemeth

Vincent Weijl