You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton. FA cup.

RedinSweden

I can't believe the apathy shown by some towards the FA Cup and the acceptance that we should be putting out a weakened side out to Everton in the competition. It honestly saddens me.

If we put out a strong side and the players actually show a bit of heart and determination then we shouldn't be worried about Everton getting a result. If we weaken the side then we've a greater chance of it going to a replay meaning an extra game or worse case scenario we get knocked by Everton at home with 6,100 of their fans celebrating.

:smile: That many. Have you read my signature? But yeah i defo agree with you it would be a good cup to win and i can't bare the thought of being knocked out by Blueshite.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Rafa would rather a defeat than a replay, probably not but it wouldn't surprise me.

I’m not sure he’d settle for a defeat because I can’t imagine anyone would take that at the club ahead of a replay.

If we beat Everton on Sunday then we have a full week between matches after the Chelsea game. Let’s not forget Chelsea also have a game midweek as well so it’s not as if they have a week’s rest ahead of the game next week.

When Everton get our team sheet on Sunday, they should be looking at it wondering what they have to do stop us rather than taking heart because some of our better players are on the bench or worse sat in the stands and that includes Pepe Reina. Reina should start on Sunday, I’m not arsed how good a lad Diego is or if he’s been training well. He’s not as good as Reina. You would think after they way we have gone out of the competition in the last couple of years that we would have learned our lesson about throwing in a goalkeeper into a high pressure game after hardly playing any games all season.

I imagine he's as concerned about Wigan, as he is Chelsea.

I agree though, I wouldn't like to see a really weakened team. A few changes are inevitable but I would want all the "core" players to start.

You’re right he will be, but it’s not the end of the world for the players to play 3 games in 8 days because it’s something we do on a regular basis. If it was a league game on Sunday then Reina would be playing no question about it.

Thought i would lighten the mood with this old classic.

A man takes his seat in the main stand for the merseyside derby, half way through the first half he notice's the seat next to him has been empty since kick off, so he say's to the bloke next to the empty seat who in their right mind would miss the merseyside derby. The bloke answers back that's my wife's seat, we go to every derby match, but unfortunatly she passed away last week. Im sorry to hear that, but it seems a shame to waste the ticket, is there no friends or family who could of come with you. No said the bloke, there all at the funeral.

Dossena shouldn't start. He makes the rest of the defence edgy, after the Hull game I hoped we would never see him in a red shirt again, he will have a negative impact on the game either by giving free kicks away in dangerous positions or conceding a penalty or getting skinned by anyone and everyone.