You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton. FA cup.

RedinSweden

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given our impotence in breaking down well-marshalled defences, you've to wonder why we've never improved on our setpieces after all these years. You'd think that given our weakness in breaking down 10-man walls, we'd have done extra sessions to capitalize on the corners and free kicks that inevitably come our way.

Totally controlling the game.

We're not though. If I was controlling the game I would have given us a chance on goal. Even just one would be nice.

We have to pick ourselves up in the second half because this is completely dire. We don't know how to play football. Putting the ball in from the air all the time is playing into their hands.

Not that there have been any rivals!! I think he's in danger of becoming a 'Hollywood' player - he looks good, with all his passes, but he's simply GOT to offer more, either with some progressive passes, or actually moving forward when he gets 30 yaerds out. At leats three times he has had the space to step forward and have a crack - as El Jefe did on one occasion. Control without penetration is useless (as the bishop told the nun).

Alonso has been doing a good job in linking the defence & attack. Our lack of creativity is down to Dirk and Babel being awful and Gerrard & Torres being well below par.

Why on earth we keep crossing the ball into the box is beyond me. We could do that for the 24 hours and still not score. We have to be more subtle. Its made for Benayoun tbh. No chance of a half time subtistution though.

I personally would take the Chief off, stick Gerrard in the centre alongside Xabi, and give Torres a true strike partner, be that Babel, N'Gog or Kuyt.

Just can't see the need for both Mascherano and Alonso to be playing in the second half.

Blikey, I've never seen such a change of forum heart as the opinions being showed to Alonso today. I thought he was the Messiah?

Alonso has something like 15 assists since he's been at LFC. The attacking part of his game has always been a weakness, it's just more obvious in games like today where no-one else is filling the void.

Funnily enough, Dirk Kuyt is playing 10 times better then Ryan fucking Babel. I've totally given up on him. He's lazy, selfish and thick.

At least Kuyt WANTS to be there. Babel couldn't be fucked. Every time he gets the ball its *cut inside*....*shoot*...*miss*.

Rather than Kuyt: Cut inside, sideways/backwards pass/give ball away.

Given our impotence in breaking down well-marshalled defences, you've to wonder why we've never improved on our setpieces after all these years. You'd think that given our weakness in breaking down 10-man walls, we'd have done extra sessions to capitalize on the corners and free kicks that inevitably come our way.

Good point, we only have Sami who ever looks dangerous on corners. We've been poor at them for years. I'd like to see the stats on whether we are a net beneficiary from corners or not. It would be a poor show for a top of the table team not to be.