You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gillett and Hicks (ownership saga)

Antynwa

Where Rafa is concerned, I'd sooner it was quiet than Rafa was in the press saying talks had broken down again. To be honest, I don't see anything happen while G&H are trying to flog the club or not flog it depending on which way the wind is blowing. Parry is going nowhere while Gillett is here and I suspect Rafa won;t be signing anything while Parry is still here. The whole fucking thing is a joke.

Those two are no longer the bussom buddies they once were and i think Parry has run his course of being useful to Gillett.

I don't think the Agger one can be blamed just on the club. Benitez hasn't exactly been desperate to play him recently, so who knows what the greedy twat is demanding. Plus his agent is a wanker.

I'm not sure the club have even offered him a new deal yet?

Recently he said that he had heard nothing from the club about his contract since november.

I think we have every chance of getting Agger to sign a new contract, but for some reason nothing happens. If this drags on into the summer I think we will lose him one way or the other.

Benitez, who will have an input into any new deal, doesn't seem too bothered about Agger potentially leaving or he'd be playing him at every possible opportunity and not freezing him out, which coincided with Agger and his agent, backed up the Danish media, going public and holding us to ransom.

Is he still looking into ways of buying out his contract?

Benitez, who will have an input into any new deal, doesn't seem too bothered about Agger potentially leaving or he'd be playing him at every possible opportunity and not freezing him out, which coincided with Agger and his agent, backed up the Danish media, going public and holding us to ransom.

Did Rafa not very recently emphasise in a press conferance how important it was to get Agger signed up?

Rafa will not play players just to make them Happy and if he doesn't play them it doesn't mean he wants them gone.

Gillett has backed down regarding rafa's demands, and all is going well regarding the contract it seem's. There are one or two things Rafa still wants clarifying but the main problems he had seem to have been agreed.

I think he will sign any time within a fortnight.

I never had any doubt that would happen though (Gillett would back down). I thought both owners had agreed sometime ago it was better to sell the club with a manager on a long term contract than without one. I'm sure though Gillett will still be looking for support from Parry on the board.

I never had any doubt that would happen though (Gillett would back down). I thought both owners had agreed sometime ago it was better to sell the club with a manager on a long term contract than without one. I'm sure though Gillett will still be looking for support from Parry on the board.

What if Parry was not there.

you think he'll be sacked? Can't see that happening as it would only weaken Gillett's position further.

The fact that Kuwait are still in talks and as of yet as far as i know dropped their interest means not only Parry but Gillett may not be here for that much longer.

The fact that Kuwait are still in talks and as of yet as far as i know dropped their interest means not only Parry but Gillett may not be here for that much longer.

of course if Gillett goes, Parry will be out in a heart beat - imo, that has been the Hicks/rafa plan over the contract. but that doesn't really mean Parry and Gillett's "partnership" is over does it? it just means if Gillett decides to keep up his credentials of a serial liar and allow Hicks to gain full control they'll no longer have a use for each other and Hicks will clearly bomb Parry in a heartbeat.

Gillett has backed down regarding rafa's demands, and all is going well regarding the contract it seem's. There are one or two things Rafa still wants clarifying but the main problems he had seem to have been agreed.

I think he will sign any time within a fortnight.

Gutted, I look forward to more political warfare in the future then when someone next upsets him.

Agger probably just feels he deserves a spot in the starting 11? I'm sure Skrtel and Carragher think they should play aswell. Nothing wrong with that, but it does give the manager a dilemma.

The danish media is very interested in this because a lot of the danish international players are lacking first team action for their clubs around Europe. Been that way for a long time so its a problem (for the national team and their followers). On international weeks the danish press have a change to talk to Agger who is normally pretty media shy. He's a key player for the national team so they expect him to be the same for Liverpool, so maybe the danish press have a little agenda too?

I don't think he'll buy out his contract, but clearly he wants to play more and if that isn't possible for Liverpool who can blame him for wanting to leave.

I hope he stays and he should be more involved as it is, but I think he'll end up leaving in the summer. One reason is he's not playing enough another reason being that the club doesn't really seems interested in keeping him.

Reminds me a bit of Parry going on holiday after promising Gerrard a new deal right after Istanbul.

It isn't likely that Arbeloa or Kuyt would be out of the team any time soon, but if they are they could find themselves in a simelar situation as Agger. Come summer they too have only 1 year left of their contract. This way we might end up selling players on the cheap.

We have limited ressources and aren't looking out for them that well, but no news in that. I think it will cost us yet again and it could so easily be avoided.