You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

have you ever fainted?

windass

not long ago i was asleep lying on the couch in my birds. she lifted me up so she could get a drink and i was standing there wobbling apparently. i soon fell and twatted my head on the coffee table. she said i looked pale and couldn't balance. she also said 'i thought you had fainted or something so didn't know what to do'.......

apparently my right leg was sort of 'feeling' for the floor to get balance but i fell backwards anyway. i'm not sure this would of happened if i had fainted so i was probably still asleep. i did feel sick when i came round tho'.

When I first joined the job in 2003 the old style marching and parades remained. Spending fifty minutes bolt upright on a parade square in a rigid position destroyed me in the hot weather after a night on the ale. I didn't faint, but got a real feeling of everything closing in on me before apparantly being 'caught' by the bloke behind me as I lurched forwards. Suffice to say I walked off the square having come perilously close to a full faint.

When I first joined the job in 2003 the old style marching and parades remained. Spending fifty minutes bolt upright on a parade square in a rigid position destroyed me in the hot weather after a night on the ale. I didn't faint, but got a real feeling of everything closing in on me before apparantly being 'caught' by the bloke behind me as I lurched forwards. Suffice to say I walked off the square having come perilously close to a full faint.

I've come close to, but alas not the full monty!

Out of interest Chris, how come they phased those parades out?

When I was very young I used to sit on the barriers of the old kop. After one strong surge my leg was trapped and I pulled my thigh muscle trying to escape. When I retrieved my leg, I had a muscle in a distorted lump at the back of my thigh. On feeling this 'thing' I fainted and fell on the floor. I woke up with my right side covered in cold piss. Strangely enough, when I woke up I was completely blind for about 5 mins until my sight recovered. It was against Norwich (not the last match) and I was terrified at the time, not that my mate helped.

Oh, the memories.

I made myself with the classic "breathe in and out deeply and quickly sitting down with your head between your knees then stand up, put your thumb in your mouth and blow hard" only I didnt realise what had happened until i woke up 15 minutes later on the floor covered in fake coals from the fire. If it'd been on i'd probably have died. Oh for 15 year old experimenting

Guest davelfc

I did when I was a kid. I ate something very hot and rushed to the tap to gulp some water. The next thing I remember was being slapped on the face by my mum.

I have fainted twice. Once when I cut my finger on a tin of cat meat. I was in the bathroom at the sink watching my blood dripping and the next I was lying flat out on the floor.

More recently, I had a paper cut on my finger, went dizzy, and must have fainted. I bashed my head on the post at the bottom of the stairs, bit my tongue, cut my nose (still have the scar) and woke up thinking I was in bed, saying where am I? It was a very strange feeling. I also had bruises all down my arm and a big lump on my forehead.