You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa in hospital again

El Rojo

Jesus Christ.

There's a book in the amazon link there called 'No More Kidney Stones'. We should all chip in and buy it for Rafa, and say 'To Rafa, love Robbie'. If that doesn't get Keane more starts, then nothing will.

Get well soon boss.

No doubt SSN and the BBC will be reporting that he has been hospitalised because of Ferguson's "mind games."

...or that his mind game have been a deliberate attempt to deflect attention away from a real health problem. I hope to God it isn't. Rafa looked in a lot of pain when he was sitting down in the directors' box.

Guest davelfc
Begining to think the same an'all.

Could be the uk way of life doesn't agree with Rafa's body.

Look how much weight he's put on since he came here.

That's called the 40's The awful transition from the 30's to the 50's when you gain a few chins, a gut and lose your hair. Otherwise known as 'going rooney'

Me mate had kidney stones, so far he's had 4 re-occurences. What they do is zap the stones to break them up into small pieces, and then you piss them out. More can surface though and other such things. Rafa needs to lay off the red meat and gravel lunches.

I have a feeling we're not getting the full story about Rafa's health. Look how long it took Scolari to recover when they were both stricken with it in the same week?

think kidney stones can vary quite a lot - like comparing a runny nose to pneumonia. if rafa is having operations, I think that is a little more serious than the sonic method they use to try and break them up and piss them out.

think kidney stones can vary quite a lot - like comparing a runny nose to pneumonia. if rafa is having operations, I think that is a little more serious than the sonic method they use to try and break them up and piss them out.

I was wondering about the levels of severity myself Barry , as I had a couple of kidney stones problems about 10 years back & had one sorted via the ultrasound & one rather painfully via a hook & basket affair up the japs eye.

Neither required any major hospital time or recuperation time.

I was wondering about the levels of severity myself Barry , as I had a couple of kidney stones problems about 10 years back & had one sorted via the ultrasound & one rather painfully via a hook & basket affair up the japs eye.

Neither required any major hospital time or recuperation time.

I got this as one of the options off the bupa web site ...

Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL)

Large stones can be surgically removed from the kidney. The surgeon makes a small cut in your back and uses a telescopic instrument called a nephroscope to pull the stone out or break it up with shock waves or a laser.

PCNL is performed under general anesthesia. This can temporarily affect your co-ordination and reasoning skills, so you should not drive, drink alcohol, operate machinery or sign legal documents for 48 hours afterwards. If you are in any doubt about driving, please contact your motor insurer so that you are aware of their recommendations, and always follow your doctor's advice.

[/quoteIT]

I got this as one of the options off the bupa web site ...

Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL)

PCNL is performed under general anesthesia. This can temporarily affect your co-ordination and reasoning skills, so you should not drive, drink alcohol, operate machinery or sign legal documents for 48 hours afterwards.

[/quoteIT]

So that's why he's not signed his contact extension. Michael Owen should try a version of this excuse.