You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Car Insurance

Section_31

Ok

Try comp cvoer with an excess of as high as it will let you .If you were going for TPFT it should not bother you your XS is about as much as your car

End of the month - Sales bods are on targets so you have more chance of haggling if they can you as a bonus payment

Mileage .Work out how many you will do and ask if discount available

Tell them you want to do your home insurance with them if they can box you off with a good deal on the car renewal

Prices have gone up on car insurance

Will do for now.

Insurers have been making a loss for years trying to gain customers on its motor portfolio. Now with the economy up shit creek they have to gain extra money from somewhere hence raising premiums.

I believe Insurers will look to increase premiums by upto 20% this year.

If you want a cheap quote sack the search engines off and obtain the quotes direct over the phone - the person you speak to will be target incentified and therefore may be able to discuss your premium with an underwriting department.

Also dont always go for the cheapest quote as the service you will come to receive should you claim will be shite!

The best Insurers at the moment - Tesco (Direct Line) Elephant ( In there several guises sheila's wheels etc) and Equity Red Star.

I used to work for Norwich Union or as I like to call them Norwich India soon to be called Avivva and from in my new job negotiating claims with them they are worse than shite - try explaining a junction to someone who doesnt know what a junction is as they dont have junctions in India!

Rant over hope this helps!

Ok

Try comp cvoer with an excess of as high as it will let you .If you were going for TPFT it should not bother you your XS is about as much as your car

End of the month - Sales bods are on targets so you have more chance of haggling if they can you as a bonus payment

Mileage .Work out how many you will do and ask if discount available

Tell them you want to do your home insurance with them if they can box you off with a good deal on the car renewal

Prices have gone up on car insurance

Will do for now.

Also you can save money by not electing to Legal Cover/ Physio cover &Hire car extensions to your policy. If you are involved in an accident and are non fault the third party Insurers will look to capture you before you report the matter to your own Insurers so they can save on costs by using their own repairers. They also have deals with hire car providers so they will supply you a vehicle at a cheaper rate rather than using a claims management company who for eg. can charge £40 per day for a micra or something.

Obviously if your fault for an accident your getting the bus!

I work with insurance and to pay over £4000 a year to insure your Astra sounds like complete madness to me.

I`m sure you can get it reduced to half of that if you search around a bit.

i searched on a few comparison sites and thats the best i got. having read the post above i might phone a few firms before renewal.

i pay 4100 for the year. i am 18 and have 0 no claims bonus. my car is an 07 plate astra.

you bastards got it good!

Does that car have a rocket engine? fuck I wouldnt pay the insurance - keep the certificate of Insurance and let the MIB deal with any claims!

Did you recently pass your test or something - or is your car on finance and you have taken the dealerships Insurance quote - thats ridiculous - I'd expect you to pay approx £2000 tops

i searched on a few comparison sites and thats the best i got. having read the post above i might phone a few firms before renewal.

I'd get quotes now - hopefully they will be cheaper enough to cancel your policy - you may lose however many months no claims you have built up but a 50% savings got to be some bonus!

Call them directly, try to find a few different agents and tell them you are looking for insurance for your car and you are making a few calls around to see what`s on offer, this will probably lower the price straight away compared to getting it from the internet.