You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst weekend ever?

23_Carra_Gold

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Yes, I got your clever joke. I'd edit my post to reflect that if I could but it's too late. Instead I'll requote and sigh.

Hang in there.

Not a joke, merely an observation, nothing more.

I see what you're TRYING to say but you could have went about it in a less sarcastic manner. Using what happened that day to score funny points is pretty awful. It goes without saying that April 15th 1989 was the worst day in our history and I obviously wasn't saying that us drawing 0-0 with Stoke rivals it.

QUOTE]

Shit, I apologise if that's how it came across, certainly taht would be the last thing I'd ever want to do. I just wanted to put some perspective on this weekend. No offence meant at all :(

Far darker days in the last 2 years of Houllier's reign. We live to fight another day at the moment, but not then....

I had a season ticket right through the Souness reign , and I've still got the campaign medal to prove it.

Some of those weekends were that bad that this weekend is the equivalent of getting a tug off the winner of the Cheryl v Rachel thread on the GF.

This weekend we took a point of our nearest challengers and as i said at the start of the season if we beat United and Chelsea we will win the League and so it has turned out to be there is a lot of Football still to play but if we continue to be as hard to beat in the second half of the season as we where in the first its ours

Any one who is pissed off at being Top of the Prem in Jan needs to have a word with themselves you can have as many ifs and buts as you like but its points that win titles and we are the team with the most

I met a very special lady this weekend. Things are going too well for me to even consider us not winning the league. We will, blind faith maybe. I'm not one to moan neither, unless this wheelie bin I've just stolen turns out to have someone elses rubbish in it.

Very bad weekend. Not only did we put in the poorest effort for sometime and our bitter rivals won at a canter, important work on my computer got corrupted, my ponds pump broke after i spent the best part of an hour in the freezing weather trying to tape all the leaks back together. I also picked up some coldsores and a stiff neck as well as having the misfortune to stumble across the goodies on tv late last night while monged on the couch.

One to forget.

Thanks for a really shit weekend Rafa.

An embarrassing, completly pointless and badly timed rant/outburst/statement on Friday which achieved nothing other than suggesting that the pressure is getting to our manager. He should be concentrating on Liverpool and nothing else. We are being fuckin laughed at.

Retarded team selection and tactics on Saturday against Stoke. Performances like that are why we wont win the league. Rafa will pull similiar stunts a few more times between now and May. When will he learn that each PL game must be approached with a 'win or bust' attitude. The manc scum are closing in fast and wont drop anywhere near as many points as us between now and end of season.

In May when we look back, this weekend could prove pivitol.

Am I the only person who thinks that if it were possible to carry out some 'The Fly'-style metamorphosis, whereby Baz1969 and Thants ended up with 50% of each others genetic material, it would produce perhaps the most perfectly balanced individual to walk this good earth?

To answer the question; no it was not the worse weekend ever. But it's definitely the worse weekend this season.

Am I the only person who thinks that if it were possible to carry out some 'The Fly'-style metamorphosis, whereby Baz1969 and Thants ended up with 50% of each others genetic material, it would produce perhaps the most perfectly balanced individual to walk this good earth?

To answer the question; no it was not the worse weekend ever. But it's definitely the worse weekend this season.

Nah, Baz is a tramp-fellating lunatic.

I'd like to see the BrundleFly version of old Thantsy genetically merged with Brownie...that would be way more interesting!

I'd be up for it but I'm not sure Baz would be.

Nah, Baz is a tramp-fellating lunatic.

I'd like to see the BrundleFly version of old Thantsy genetically merged with Brownie...that would be way more interesting!

Luckily I have the looks to balance it out.

ITcertainly was a bad weekend. Watching the match saturday i just could not believe how after beating the mancs at home and chelsea away, how our football has progressivly got worse ever since. Then it cut to sammy lee on the side line, that was it. Exactly the same fuckiung dire football we played undeer gh.

Although it was midweek so not actually weekend we lost at home to Leicester in '99 having been knocked out of the Uefa Cup before Xmas. The same night the Mancs were playing Juve in the CL.

We finished 7th, out of any European competition & they won the treble.

Thanks for a really shit weekend Rafa.

An embarrassing, completly pointless and badly timed rant/outburst/statement on Friday which achieved nothing other than suggesting that the pressure is getting to our manager. He should be concentrating on Liverpool and nothing else. We are being fuckin laughed at.

Retarded team selection and tactics on Saturday against Stoke. Performances like that are why we wont win the league. Rafa will pull similiar stunts a few more times between now and May. When will he learn that each PL game must be approached with a 'win or bust' attitude. The manc scum are closing in fast and wont drop anywhere near as many points as us between now and end of season.

In May when we look back, this weekend could prove pivitol.

It was neither a rant nor an outburst

It was an intelligent point cleverly putting pressure on the ref in the hardest game they faced on paper (it wouldnt have worked so well had we been playing them so i didnt count that game)

It worked too....

Can you remember a game at OT where, whilst at 0-0, the Mancs had a goal wrongly disallowed & a 50/50 penalty not given?