You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

if alonso and arbeloa are fit id start them both ,if not id play masherano,and carra at right back,

-------------Reina

Arbeloa--Carra--Hyypia--Aurelio

Kuyt--Gerrard--Alonso--Riera

--------------Keane

-------------Torres

who nows what team rafa will play for the cup game,but i wouldnt change it if everyone is fit.im pretty confident we will win both games,but the prem game is the most important obviously.

-------------Reina

Arbeloa--Carra--Agger--Aurelio

Babel--Gerrard--Alonso--Riera

--------------Keane

-------------Torres

I have to say i would love that.

I think its a major mistake if he leaves Torres out. why does he need to be rested? he has hardly played all season.

Maybe he wants to keep him fit for Spain???

Far as I'm concerned Dirk should just be sold back to Holland now, I know I'll be getting negged for this, but I don't give a fuck, Lucas plays a couple of good games and everyone praises him, the whole team apart from hyypia and Skrtl play bad and who gets slagged off again? Lucas of course, it's his fault we played shite. Whereas dirk only plays good in urope and gets picked for every fucking league game when he can't fucking cut it in the premier league, if he plays up front on his own on Monday I dread to think what'll happen.

I just wish we were playing again this evening. After a shitty performance like Saturday, you just want to get the chance to put things right and get rid of the crappy feeling that inevitably follows games like that.

For Monday, I would play Mascherano with Alonso in the middle as I have convinced myself that he can't continue to play as poorly as he has recently. This may be overly optimistic, of course. Gerrard just off Torres, Kuyt right, Riera left. I have no problems at all with the 4-2-3-1 when its Torres/Gerrard in partnership.

I can certainly see the arguments for dropping Kuyt but, if nothing else, that lot will be full of running and up for a scrap and if there is one thing Kuyt can do its run and scrap - a less kind man than I may offer that it is the only thing that he can do, but I am resisting that temptation.

For the cup game, I am firmly in the 'play a strong side' camp, so I'd go for more or less the same side again, perhaps with one or two changes to give our less sturdy players a rest.

Reina

Arbeloa

Carra

Skrtel

Aurelio

Kuyt

Gerrard

Xabi

Riera

Keane

Torres

If arbeloa isnt fit carra at right back and sami or agger in at cb

Wat ever about the cup game i believe that on monday everton will sit in and defend from the off which if we dont play a proper fully strong will more than likely finish 0-0. Both games are equally important for me as id love to win the Fa cup but as the league game comes first its more important now. We have to go at them from the start and (as i read above) go for their throat early on : get an early goal and we're flyin.

If lucas starts im gonna hang my head in disbelief. Ino some people on this forum rate him but i think he is clean and utter shite. Pure muck and he'll never make it at the top!All he does is lose the ball, kick people and looks on in disbelief when a free kick is given against him. Not good enough! If im negged for this i dont give a shite. Hes gak as people in my town say.

Personally, I'd like to see Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, Keane and Torres in the same side.

The only way of doing that is probably by playing Gerrard on the right.

People will say we'd be weaker in central midfield, but we'd still have Alonso and Mascherano in there. You might also say we'd be weaker up front, but we'd have Keane and Torres.

It all looks nice on paper of course and no matter what team he picks next Monday, if the result goes against him, he'll still get hammered.

Change Babel for... well... anyone, really and yes.

Strange one is Babel. I know he has done nothing to suggest he deserves a chance in the starting eleven but I'd be tempted to give him a run of games. I don't know why, maybe due to the lack of alternatives.

Dirk has done a good job on the right of the 4231 but I wouldn't play him on the right of a 442.

He has but I just get pissed of with the double standards with the way keane is treated yet kuyt can play as bad as he likes this season and last season and he has been made a mainstay of the team.

Kuyt works harder, has a better attitude & has done it in big games (our opening goal in last 16, QF & SF of CL last year.. the only bigger game a player can play is a CL final which he scored a consolation in; last min winner vs Liege worth at least £15m to the club & the chance to win the top trophy, etc,etc.)

He struggled last season early on when his dad died.

Keane is older but has nothing like his CV.

IMO Kuyt is a better player & has out-performed Robbie

You may disagree but it is not double-standards

Kuyt works harder, has a better attitude & has done it in big games (our opening goal in last 16, QF & SF of CL last year.. the only bigger game a player can play is a CL final which he scored a consolation in; last min winner vs Liege worth at least £15m to the club & the chance to win the top trophy, etc,etc.)

He struggled last season early on when his dad died.

Keane is older but has nothing like his CV.

IMO Kuyt is a better player & has out-performed Robbie

You may disagree but it is not double-standards

Everything kuyt can do so can keane, Keane is also a much better finisher and is more clinical. If I was Gerrard I know who I would prefer to have making runs for me to play the ball into space for. There have been plenty of games where dirk has stank the place out and his ratio for a good performance must be getting to 1 in 5 and that is being kind. His constant selection when he under performs is double standards I think.

Everything kuyt can do so can keane, Keane is also a much better finisher and is more clinical. If I was Gerrard I know who I would prefer to have making runs for me to play the ball into space for. There have been plenty of games where dirk has stank the place out and his ratio for a good performance must be getting to 1 in 5 and that is being kind. His constant selection when he under performs is double standards I think.

You've just described Robbie Keane.

Keane was clinical against Preston wasn't he.

Keane's been fucking poor, but to lay all of that at the manager's feet as you're implying is just wrong. He's got to take some responsibility himself.

More clinical than what? A blind paraplegic? I could've scored some of those chances he missed, and that's saying something.

I broadly agree with the gist of what you're saying though mate; if Dirk leads the line against the Bloos I will fucking break down and weep. As others have mentioned on here he can do a perfectly acceptable job on the right (and has scored coming in from that position), there's no need for him to flail about ineffectually up front on his own.