You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Resevoir Dogs

RobbieOR

Only came yesterday. I am going to later. I seem to got into Tarrantinos films. Ive bought all of his bigs ones in that past month. Pulp fiction, Kill Bill 1 and 2 and now this.

i should neg you for wasting your money... the very few but fantastic scenes in these films are what carries them off... for the bulk they are shit, i do more blood and gore giving birth.

I bought this a while back off Amazon (through the site obviously) and im looking for peoples opinions on it? I havent watched it yet so no spoilers please.

Great film. I loved the part where the alien spaceship appears in the warehouse and transports Tim Roth's character to an alternative universe where he becomes a Doctor Frankenfurter type anti-hero. Brilliant stuff. They don't put twists in movies like that any more.

Great film. I loved the part where the alien spaceship appears in the warehouse and transports Tim Roth's character to an alternative universe where he becomes a Doctor Frankenfurter type anti-hero. Brilliant stuff. They don't put twists in movies like that any more.

I know what you mean, I liked the bit at the end where they all dress up in women's clothes and realise that robbing jewellry stores is futile and childish and they all go on the road together as drag queens.

Reservoir Dogs is a lot like a play. You can imagine most of it being performed on stage. I guess part of that is to do with Tarantino's (at the time) inexperience, not to mention the negligible budget, but I'm sure a lot of it was deliberate too. Whatever, it ruled hard enough for him to be given a chance and a big budget by the bigwigs, and look what great films he pulled out of his arse when he was given that chance.

Reservoir Dogs is a lot like a play. You can imagine most of it being performed on stage. I guess part of that is to do with Tarantino's (at the time) inexperience, not to mention the negligible budget, but I'm sure a lot of it was deliberate too. Whatever, it ruled hard enough for him to be given a chance and a big budget by the bigwigs, and look what great films he pulled out of his arse when he was given that chance.

Pulp Fiction became an instant classic. One of the best films of the generation, easily.

Jackie Brown was a good, solid, enjoyable film, IMO.

Kill Bill 1 & 2 were dogshite and I felt like he was laughing at us.

Death Proof? He's taking the piss...

I liked some of Death Proof but on a whole... it was a piss take.

It was totally about the budget in my view and nothing to do with experience. He was writing a movie to get made on a shoe string. Loads of clever first movies are written that way. Cube, for example, only required a one room set that was... a cube.

I really like Tarantino's stuff. Even Death Proof, which is easily the weakest and most self-indulgent thing he's done, has its moments. Inglourious Basterds is on its way next and I can't wait. Tarantino's take on The Dirty Dozen has potential classic written all over it. Brad Pitt's in it too and he's always at his best in the quirkier parts and films he does.