You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Debts.

Guest simon

I thought you wanted to teach English in China or something? What hope have you got of doing that if you won't even get a job in Maccies. Get some balls and grow up.

I have worked in both Mc Donalds and Burger King I lasted less than a week in both. And China has been paid for I just need the ticket.

Simon is a man after my own heart there, I wouldn't work in Burger King either. Go to China mate, but pay your debts off first - because if the people's army get wind of it they'll use it as an excuse to shoot you in the middle of a packed football stadium and steal your kidneys.

• Upvote 2

Guest davelfc
I have worked in both Mc Donalds and Burger King I lasted less than a week in both. And China has been paid for I just need the ticket.

No offence to you but I heard that McDonalds had an employee drop dead in work. He worked a week afterwards, won a gold star and got employee of the week. They only noticed it when there were more flies in the kitchen than normal.

I would have loved to have worked there but I didn't have enough spots.

if you're that worried about it mate get advice from qualified people who deal with these things every day. Some good advice on here but also some shit comments made by people who dont know you or your circumstances.

There are so many people on here, with different ocupations I thought someone would be able to help and some people have.

Simon is a man after my own heart there, I wouldn't work in Burger King either. Go to China mate, but pay your debts off first - because if the people's army get wind of it they'll use it as an excuse to shoot you in the middle of a packed football stadium and steal your kidneys.

But I did work in them both, I didn't last more than a week.

I may have misunderstood. I thought you meant you weren't allowed to leave your house?

So are you on this training course at this very moment then?

Yeah.

Debt : Phone debt company and set up repayment plan. 90% go for it. If they don't, contact CAB Debt Service and the debt company will set up a repayment plan once they know those hard bastards are on the case.

Job : Join as many job agencies as possible and you'll get work in no time. Boring work but it still pays. Get on it.

Wank : You may now have one.

• Upvote 1

some pretty harsh and judgemental comments on this thread.

Not everyone is as fortunate as you, or as good lookng and witty as me you know.

Leave the personal shit and judgments out eh. The lad has asked for some help. I'm sure if he had smewhere else to turn then he would. Just think about that for a second will you...

Debts is one of the most upsetting and stressful situations somebody can get themselves in to. So give the guy a break. I'm sure he knows he's fucked up, he doesn't need us getting all high and mighty on his ass and telling him what a fuck up he's been.

If you can offer the lad some help, then do. If not, then don't bother saying anything.

Simon, I'm also pretty sure that a debt recovery business can't outright refuse to enter in to a payment agreement with you. I'm not certain, but get that clarified by the CAB.

I should think you could get a CCJ (county court judgement) with an agreement of 50p a week or something equally as silly.

The downside to this is you won't be able to get a mortgage for about 10 years or something, but it sounds as if you'e already blacklisted anyway?

The other thing you could do is look in to having yourself declared bankrupt. Again, this will write of any chance of you getting credit for the next 10 years, but it will also write off ALL of your debts. That's the pay off.

Ask the CAB about that as well.

• Upvote 1

Simon, I'm also pretty sure that a debt recovery business can't outright refuse to enter in to a payment agreement with you. I'm not certain, but get that clarified by the CAB.

I should think you could get a CCJ (county court judgement) with an agreement of 50p a week or something equally as silly.

That's what I thought. i don't think they can just refuse to take any payment.

one other piece of advice is to make a note of every contact you have with them, who you spoke to, what was said and when. It is vital that if this goes any further you come with a clear picture of your side of things. Get a full name every time you make contact. Do that fist. Say "who am I speaking to?" before you introduce yourself. If they just say a first name, ask for their surname. It puts you in a strong position.

Having money problems is utter shit. When my kids were all small, Mrs RiS was ill for 3 years with ME and I had a lot of unwelcome attention from this type of place. The main thing is to always remain calm and be reasonable. But make sure you keep a record of everything, it is really important.

The problem is that the company you originally owed money to will have sold the debt to one of these cuntish debt recovery agencies and because you defaulted on paying the arrears the whole of your contract has now fallen due. But they will want the money rather than having some chimps come round your house and getting fuck all. Try the debt recovery agency to arrange the payment plan, not the company who you originally owed, as they dont have the debt anymore.

I've been here before ( divorce, thieving lying ex) so I know how terrifying it is. These people are bullies and twats and wont give you an easy time.

As well as CAB, you should try Counsumer Credit Counselling Service ( CCCS), in fact the CAB will probably direct you there. They are very very good and helped me back on my feet.

I dont know the personal circumstance of this lad or how this debt came about and yes it can be a scary time but the above makes me rage..

The problem is that the company you originally owed money to will have sold the debt to one of these cuntish debt recovery agencies

No fella the problem is that he didnt pay the debt or make arrnagement to pay the debt in the first 6 months of the default..He would have had plenty of time and numerous letters and phone calls before it got to this stage - from the date of the original default I would imagine that at least 9-12 months has passed - he entered into an agreement to pay £10 very reasonable I think in the circumastance nad then didnt both..TOUGH FUCKIN TITS MATE..

its not cuntish debt collectors - its stupid people running up bills which are none essential bills of which they have no means to pay. Why should the company lose money just because his head is firmly up his arse? If he owed me £500 I'd be doing more than sending bailiffs round to his house - oh I've got confidence issues... blah fuckin blah there were no issue when he was running the bill up were there..the company gave him a chance and he blew it.. perhaps he genuinely cant pay it now but thats life - this situation will act as a very good lesson for the future - dont take what you cant afford and if you do rememebr there are consequences.

• Downvote 1

some pretty harsh and judgemental comments on this thread.

Not everyone is as fortunate as you, or as good lookng and witty as me you know.

Leave the personal shit and judgments out eh. The lad has asked for some help. I'm sure if he had smewhere else to turn then he would. Just think about that for a second will you...

Debts is one of the most upsetting and stressful situations somebody can get themselves in to. So give the guy a break. I'm sure he knows he's fucked up, he doesn't need us getting all high and mighty on his ass and telling him what a fuck up he's been.

If you can offer the lad some help, then do. If not, then don't bother saying anything.

The downside to this is you won't be able to get a mortgage for about 10 years or something, but it sounds as if you'e already blacklisted anyway?

The other thing you could do is look in to having yourself declared bankrupt. Again, this will write of any chance of you getting credit for the next 10 years, but it will also write off ALL of your debts. That's the pay off.

Ask the CAB about that as well.

Be that as it may, Simon is at present demonstrating a shitty attitude by posting on a football forum while he is supposed to be looking for a job.