You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Debts.

Guest simon

Well, you do one of two things. You wait for the bailiffs to turn up and refuse them entry into your home (they are not allowed to force their way in). Then they give you a court order.

Or you call the company to whom you owe the debt and arrange a payment plan to clear what you owe.

Debt Basics - Bailiff Guide - know your rights

Is there an echo in here or what?

A month, I lost the details to the acount I had to pay into.

Come on you know that aint much of an excuse. I've been there lad. Pull yourself together, get some money. Do bar work, cleaning, owt while you're training. Seriously, Dirty Sanchez is right.

Well, you do one of two things. You wait for the bailiffs to turn up and refuse them entry into your home (they are not allowed to force their way in). Then they give you a court order.

Or you call the company to whom you owe the debt and arrange a payment plan to clear what you owe.

Debt Basics - Bailiff Guide - know your rights

I tried this today they wont have any of it.

Come on you know that aint much of an excuse. I've been there lad. Pull yourself together, get some money. Do bar work, cleaning, owt while you're training. Seriously, Dirty Sanchez is right.

I wish I could but my confidence is crap. And I have a bad history with alcohol, Not to mention I am extremely poor with maths.

I wish I could but my confidence is crap. And I have a bad history with alcohol, Not to mention I am extremely poor with maths.

Oh come on, these are dumb excuses. You need any job. It doesn't matter what it is. Get a paper round or work in McDonalds or something. Just get money in and pay your debt off. The longer you leave it, the more it will stack up.

Also, you can call citizens advice and speak to them about calling off bailiffs. They're an unlicensed industry of pricks, so you have to know your rights.

They're not llowed to force your door open for starters, contrary to popular belief. But they are allowed to put their foot in the doorway once you open it.

Moral of the story - don't answer the door to them and they can't do anything.

What they will do, though, is then charge you more money for another "visit".

Top advice from Tom as usual.

Simon you need to get out of the city, and avoid the authorities, and don't go back to your foster parents', the bailiffs will definately try to acquire you there.

Failing that, just don't open the door - they can't break it down, go to Citizen's Advice instead.

Stop making excuses and get out there and look for a job. Nobody else is going to help you.

Dont you think I do, the job center made me go on this course. Its a course for getting back into work.

The problem is that the company you originally owed money to will have sold the debt to one of these cuntish debt recovery agencies and because you defaulted on paying the arrears the whole of your contract has now fallen due. But they will want the money rather than having some chimps come round your house and getting fuck all. Try the debt recovery agency to arrange the payment plan, not the company who you originally owed, as they dont have the debt anymore.

I've been here before ( divorce, thieving lying ex) so I know how terrifying it is. These people are bullies and twats and wont give you an easy time.

As well as CAB, you should try Counsumer Credit Counselling Service ( CCCS), in fact the CAB will probably direct you there. They are very very good and helped me back on my feet.

Top advice from Tom as usual.

Simon you need to get out of the city, and avoid the authorities, and don't go back to your foster parents', the bailiffs will definately try to acquire you there.

Failing that, just don't open the door - they can't break it down, go to Citizen's Advice instead.

Jesus Christ, it's hardly the T1000 chasing him now. I doubt he needs to get out of the city. Other than that wie jibe, I have nothing else to add, I don't think your going to get any better advice than is already there Simon.

Good luck man, The Citizen's Advice people will be will schooled in how to assist you and help you through this; they will be used to dealing with issues like this and far more serious cases every day.

The problem is that the company you originally owed money to will have sold the debt to one of these cuntish debt recovery agencies and because you defaulted on paying the arrears the whole of your contract has now fallen due. But they will want the money rather than having some chimps come round your house and getting fuck all. Try the debt recovery agency to arrange the payment plan, not the company who you originally owed, as they dont have the debt anymore.

I've been here before ( divorce, thieving lying ex) so I know how terrifying it is. These people are bullies and twats and wont give you an easy time.

As well as CAB, you should try Counsumer Credit Counselling Service ( CCCS), in fact the CAB will probably direct you there. They are very very good and helped me back on my feet.

Thank's I will check that out now.

Simon you can't be looking that hard for work. You're on here all day.

I'm still looking while on here. Im not aloud to go out I have to stay here it's like school.

Listen lad, stop worrying about what other people think. You're 22 and you've really got to pull yourself up if you want to get something out of life. I suspect you're a far stronger person than you give yourself credit for. Stand up straight, look people in the eye. You've got as much right to exist as they have.

I've been into situations where, if I'm honest, I'm petrified. All those nagging doubts and self-confidence issues come flooding back as you approach the door. Take a deep breath and get on with it.

Try talking positively. Tell people what you can do, not what you can't. Everything everyone's suggested so far you've come back with an obstacle, "ah but I can't....". Turn it 'round. Tell 'em how ace you are.

Oh and I'll let you into a secret. The Job Centre is the worst place to look for work. Employers wont touch you with a barge pole. Get the Echo or Merseymart.

What is the outstanding amount with all added charges and stuff? If you can't pay it off, ring them and offer to set up a payment plan.

Alternatively change your identity and move to Rumania.

I have tried my it has been paased on to Hamptons, that's who I rung up and they said it's to late.