Quantcast
Debts. - HOF - Hall of Fame Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest simon

Debts.

Guest simon

I have recently been threatened with baylifts. Because of a contract mobile phone I got a few years ago I was paying a 10 pound a month bill and because i missed 1 payment they are sending out baylifts. So they say, I have nothing in my flat of any value. Accept my Pc is there anyway of them not being able to take it. I was going to say I was looking after it for my sister. But I heard you have to prove it now is there any other way round it.

And also is it possible to get a loan to pay off debts if your blacklisted.

Thanks!

I have recently been threatened with baylifts. Because of a contract mobile phone I got a few years ago I was paying a 10 pound a month bill and because i missed 1 payment they are sending out baylifts. So they say, I have nothing in my flat of any value. Accept my Pc is there anyway of them not being able to take it. I was going to say I was looking after it for my sister. But I heard you have to prove it now is there any other way round it.

And also is it possible to get a loan to pay off debts if your blacklisted.

Thanks!

multi_5.jpg ?

• Upvote 1

Simon, you're not telling us the truth here.

NOBODY sends out the bailiffs for 10 quid.

I can give you some advice if you let me know what's really happened. I'm not your Mum. I won't shout at you.

Thats the thing, they won't let me I spoke to them today they say it's too late.

I see. Well ask them what they want? There not going to do much for the sake of £10. Why didn't you just pay it when you could anyway?

I can give you some advice if you let me know what's really happened. I'm not your Mum. I won't shout at you.

I would if it was Simon.

Maybe the gypsies want their bottled tears back?

Guest simon

No its for £568. But my agreement to pay them was £10 a month.

No its for £568. But my agreement to pay them was £10 a month.

So you've broken the agreement you had to repay the debt?

Phone the Citizens Advice debt people now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I assume what has happened is you have missed paymenst and there have been late charges added on.

Also, what happens then is the debt collection company (or the baylifts as you call them) will make a hefty charge for their services, which you are liable to pay.

Call the baylift company. Tell them you have nothing of value and no money right now, but see if you can agree a payment plan with them, of say, 10-20 a week or something.

Guest simon
Dirty Sanchez' two stage plan to sort out debt.

1) Get job

2) Pay off debt.

I am training at the moment.

Also, you can call citizens advice and speak to them about calling off bailiffs. They're an unlicensed industry of pricks, so you have to know your rights.

They're not llowed to force your door open for starters, contrary to popular belief. But they are allowed to put their foot in the doorway once you open it.

Moral of the story - don't answer the door to them and they can't do anything.

What they will do, though, is then charge you more money for another "visit".

So you might lose your PC, eh?

*Crosses fingers*

I'd rep you for this if I hadn't just negged you.

Well, you do one of two things. You wait for the bailiffs to turn up and refuse them entry into your home (they are not allowed to force their way in). Then they give you a court order.

Or you call the company to whom you owe the debt and arrange a payment plan to clear what you owe.

Debt Basics - Bailiff Guide - know your rights

• Upvote 1

Guest simon
Also, you can call citizens advice and speak to them about calling off bailiffs. They're an unlicensed industry of pricks, so you have to know your rights.

They're not llowed to force your door open for starters, contrary to popular belief. But they are allowed to put their foot in the doorway once you open it.

Moral of the story - don't answer the door to them and they can't do anything.

What they will do, though, is then charge you more money for another "visit".

Oh right thanks I will make an apoitment at the CAB now.