Quantcast
The Bob Dylan appreciation thread - Page 5 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
rondeco

The Bob Dylan appreciation thread

On 08/01/2009 at 13:50, Soleilrouge said:

Abandoned love and Visions of Johanna - they would haunt my soul if I had one

Great choices. Abandoned love is little known as it was originally a track off bobs album Desire but didnt make the cut. When you can write a track as beutiful as this and simply shelve it shows the genius of our bob.

The song is deut with the supreme talent violin player Scarlett Rivera who must have been a bit fucked off to see it buried for over a decade till it appeares on Dylans biograth album.

• Upvote 1

This thread reminds me of a review of a Secret Santa CD I sent around 2009 or '10, and my recipient was Fowler's God. He wrote, 'I think I've heard of this guy...' like he was some obscure no-mark that he then tried to compare him to. His logic was that, just as I had not heard of the guy he mentioned, he had little to no knowledge of hearing anything of Dylan, and therefore, our respective experiences meant that they were equally famous or talented.

Motherfucker, I near shat laughing. Even a laid out explanation of his cluelessness and wrongness didn't seem to have any effect. He still stood his ground.

15 hours ago, Doh'Nuts said:

This thread reminds me of a review of a Secret Santa CD I sent around 2009 or '10, and my recipient was Fowler's God. He wrote, 'I think I've heard of this guy...' like he was some obscure no-mark that he then tried to compare him to. His logic was that, just as I had not heard of the guy he mentioned, he had little to no knowledge of hearing anything of Dylan, and therefore, our respective experiences meant that they were equally famous or talented.

Motherfucker, I near shat laughing. Even a laid out explanation of his cluelessness and wrongness didn't seem to have any effect. He still stood his ground.

That fucker only listens to Jim Croce while he is chopping trees down and looking after Scampi, Pritt-Stick and Van Allen Belt . 

5 minutes ago, Doh'Nuts said:

What are they, his dogs' names?

Nowt wrong with Jim Croce, though. An absolute genius who went long before his time.

His kids. 

Jim Croce is ace