Quantcast
Canada - Page 6 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

I've spent my fair share of time in the region. The lake of the woods area is great. Went there camping a few times in University.

I did see that they are in the process of twinning this particular bridge, which obviously makes sense.

Lakehead?

Was supposed to go there but instead opted for a career in the pizza industry.

Kenora is lovely, nice little brewery there were you can get growlers of fresh beer...and then off to Sioux Narrows, or Rushing River or any little spot around there. Lake of the Woods Brewery. Fresh ale, fresh air, camp fire and no riff raff you get in southern Ontario...the hiking is pristine as well, hardly ever see anyone on the trails. 

Sandbar Lake near Ignace, stayed there a few times. Loved the park superintendant, she says be careful with your food there is a black bear around, he's not aggressive but he did chase two campers into their truck when there was nothing left to eat after he raided their cooler...oh, okay so as long as I have a massive supply of Schneider Red Hots I'm okay then?  That area between Dryden and Thunder Bay is bear infested. I can remember driving and two cubs darted out of the woods, I slowed down and then the mother followed, thank fuck she scurried off, didn't feel like reversing down the highway. 

I never drive it at night either, moose infested as well. The government should round them up and not tag them but plaster them with reflective tape. 

Canada has one bridge that connects East from West.

Finally, the West has separated!

Exactly Al - best thing that could happen is just close it off. Most of the fellas from the East dont even speak Canadian FFS.

• Upvote 1

Exactly Al - best thing that could happen is just close it off. Most of the fellas from the East dont even speak Canadian FFS.

I need a translator for the fucking Newfies up here.

And the New Brunswicksrs from the Miramachi.

• Upvote 1

I have relatives in Moncton, winnipeg and Toronto. Those in Moncton are originally from quebec. They sometimes can't fully understand each other and when the family from this side of the point meet up its a mess of accents and cultures. Great fun.

Lakehead?

Was supposed to go there but instead opted for a career in the pizza industry.

Kenora is lovely, nice little brewery there were you can get growlers of fresh beer...and then off to Sioux Narrows, or Rushing River or any little spot around there. Lake of the Woods Brewery. Fresh ale, fresh air, camp fire and no riff raff you get in southern Ontario...the hiking is pristine as well, hardly ever see anyone on the trails. 

Sandbar Lake near Ignace, stayed there a few times. Loved the park superintendant, she says be careful with your food there is a black bear around, he's not aggressive but he did chase two campers into their truck when there was nothing left to eat after he raided their cooler...oh, okay so as long as I have a massive supply of Schneider Red Hots I'm okay then?  That area between Dryden and Thunder Bay is bear infested. I can remember driving and two cubs darted out of the woods, I slowed down and then the mother followed, thank fuck she scurried off, didn't feel like reversing down the highway. 

I never drive it at night either, moose infested as well. The government should round them up and not tag them but plaster them with reflective tape. 

Kenora was always the base, but we would take off from there in boats to the surrounding islands....no idea of the names anymore.

I have relatives in Moncton, winnipeg and Toronto. Those in Moncton are originally from quebec. They sometimes can't fully understand each other and when the family from this side of the point meet up its a mess of accents and cultures. Great fun.

Winnipeg-- home of the winter social. And the vernacular 'I seen' as in 'I seen a guy downtown with no boots on' 

Sad day though recently, they shut The Palomino Club on Portage Avenue and are ripping it down to build condo's. The STD rate is expected to fall.

The Liverpool equivalent would be The Grafton. 

• Upvote 1

My missus has just out of the blue sent me a link to a three bedroom house in Nova Scotia, I can see me there in about a year's time freezing my bollocks off & listening to Caledonia by Dougie MacLean on repeat...

One of the most frustrating things about a lot of the waterfront properties there is that they build the roads right next to the shore, severing the house from the beach.