You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

21 hours ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

I had to live through Anne Murray CBC specials. And Rita McNeil.

After I was ripped from the womb of Europe as a fledgling 13yr old goalkeeper in Den Haag it became Hockey Night In Canada and awful Canadian content on TV.

PBS with Soccer Made In West Germany and Fawlty Towers/Python was a saving grace. 

Sounds a lot like my story. 

Following The Sporting Fellows that this site adores was very difficult through the 80’s. 

Nothing on television, just the scores in the paper and the occasional short article the following day. Updating the Shoot league ladders whenever the paper had the standings. 

Reading Shoot articles when I could to get some insight on the players. 

It was hard work, indeed. 

22 hours ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

I had to live through Anne Murray CBC specials. And Rita McNeil.

After I was ripped from the womb of Europe as a fledgling 13yr old goalkeeper in Den Haag it became Hockey Night In Canada and awful Canadian content on TV.

PBS with Soccer Made In West Germany and Fawlty Towers/Python was a saving grace. 

Is she even still alive ?

12 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

Now that I think about it, any of you Eastern Canada folks know anything about Sudbury?

Trying to do some research on the place, and it’s all generic tourist board stuff. What’s it really like? Nice parts?

No.

I know little about it, but don't go there.

• 3 months later...
Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

They are a good bit of fun.

This lot is quite good to - more soundtracky than surf - I think they are from London.

Decent fun as well. Based in London but multi cultural as far as where they all hail from. A bit similar (although nowhere near as hard) as Tito and the Tarantulas. 

• 4 months later...

Never made it to Sudbury. Looked too much like a shithole!

Now there may be a chance to move out to the East Coast - Moncton or rural areas to the North. 

Not got a clue about the area except maybe a lot of French speaking going on out there. Any of you lot been out that way?

6 hours ago, Alan Sex said:

Now there may be a chance to move out to the East Coast - Moncton or rural areas to the North. 

Not got a clue about the area except maybe a lot of French speaking going on out there. Any of you lot been out that way?

don't know NB  well, but loved nova scotia and PEI. 

not a vibrant economy though. wouldn't want to be looking for work.

are you moving from cowtown ?

2 hours ago, neko said:

don't know NB  well, but loved nova scotia and PEI. 

not a vibrant economy though. wouldn't want to be looking for work.

are you moving from cowtown ?

Still in Alberta, but small town in Central right now. 

The Mrs would be in a very good position out there. We’ve talked about it and I figure on my end I’m looking at something part time or certainly a “job” as opposed to a career. 

It seems everyone I’ve met from

the Maritimes loves it out there and only came West for work - they all seem to want to retire back out there. 

• 3 months later...
On 29/12/2020 at 02:59, Alan Sex said:

That's where I live, if you are still looking for info let me know. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...