You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That’s where I’m torn - the Liberals do nothing for Western Canada. The only Party that does is the PC’s - and I’m not in line with their overall policies. 

The West gets shafted less with PC’s in power. Just writing that makes me cringe. 

• Upvote 1

Liberal/NDP coalition?

I'm okay with it.

As Alan has pointed out, the Libs don't give a damn about we in the west, and the Cons cancelling the carbon tax would put a few dollars in my pocket and make my job a bit more secure, but electing them would encourage the growing fringe of people who want us to be more like Trump's America.

Fuck that.

10 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Liberal/NDP coalition?

I'm okay with it.

As Alan has pointed out, the Libs don't give a damn about we in the west, and the Cons cancelling the carbon tax would put a few dollars in my pocket and make my job a bit more secure, but electing them would encourage the growing fringe of people who want us to be more like Trump's America.

Fuck that.

In a nutshell. 

For one of the first times, I didn’t vote as I couldn’t stomach endorsing either of the two main choices. 

Any other vote would have been a throwaway. 

1 hour ago, Alan Sex said:

In a nutshell. 

For one of the first times, I didn’t vote as I couldn’t stomach endorsing either of the two main choices. 

Any other vote would have been a throwaway. 

I voted Liberal--voting for the lesser of two evils.

As always.

Can't really complain, as we do live in a great country. But given there are only 35 million of us in the second-largest country in the world, we should be doing better in terms of access to education, health-care, economic opportunities, etc.

Sometimes I get the sense we're just minimum-wage custodians keeping watch over the warehouse, shipping raw materials to the US as and when they need them.

13 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

I voted Liberal--voting for the lesser of two evils.

As always.

Can't really complain, as we do live in a great country. But given there are only 35 million of us in the second-largest country in the world, we should be doing better in terms of access to education, health-care, economic opportunities, etc.

Sometimes I get the sense we're just minimum-wage custodians keeping watch over the warehouse, shipping raw materials to the US as and when they need them.

where do you live pp ?

• 5 months later...
57 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

BBC News - Canada shooting: Gunman kills at least 13 in rural Canada

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52346447

16 now.

Including a Mountie.

Was working when I got home and saw the headline and I thought is there a Nova Scotia in the States?

A frustrated denturist wanna be cop on a rampage. He had a car painted like an RCMP car allegedly. 

51 yr old male.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

You must be older than both me and the "not a terrorist, just a white fella" with those references NP

I had to live through Anne Murray CBC specials. And Rita McNeil.

After I was ripped from the womb of Europe as a fledgling 13yr old goalkeeper in Den Haag it became Hockey Night In Canada and awful Canadian content on TV.

PBS with Soccer Made In West Germany and Fawlty Towers/Python was a saving grace. 

• Upvote 1