You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Calgary's where I am. It's one of the places where there are still a lot of jobs going (despite the recession). They seem to always be in need of teachers here - I know a few that have just moved from Eastern Canada to get work here.

There's something not right about a post from the sex that doesn't include a picture of some bint with a finger in her arse.

Noos You can fuck right off.. I havent even read the rest of the posts except for your opening one..

If you think you can just fuck off now and leave me holding the Mother - you are sadly mistaken.. I will grass you up faster than you can crack one out you selfish bastard...the guilt trip alone will be enough to keep you here and thats before we even cross the nagging about seeing the grand kids bridge!!!

You are free to bugger off providing that you make provision in your hand luggage for y'mum.

Noos You can fuck right off.. I havent even read the rest of the posts except for your opening one..

If you think you can just fuck off now and leave me holding the Mother - you are sadly mistaken.. I will grass you up faster than you can crack one out you selfish bastard...the guilt trip alone will be enough to keep you here and thats before we even cross the nagging about seeing the grand kids bridge!!!

You are free to bugger off providing that you make provision in your hand luggage for y'mum.

But you could come and visit. Canada has some interesting and huge erections such as the Calgary Tower and the CN Tower.

what website did you get on noos to check your points.

I think this is the questionnaire, Bri:

To be accepted in Canada's Skilled Worker programme, you need to:

* Have at least one year of full-time, paid, work experience within the last 10 years. Most skilled occupations meet the requirements for this.

* Prove you have sufficient funds to maintain your family for six months after arriving in Canada.

o For example, if there are two of you, the Canadian government says you will need $12,659.

o If there are four of you, you will need $18,895.

o A family of six will need $24,170.

o You do not have to prove you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada.

* Pass the points test. You pass the points test if you receive 67 or more points.

Points are awarded as follows:

Age at Time of Application:

* 21 - 49 = 10 points

* Subtract 2 points for each year over 49 or under 21.

Education:

* Master's Degree or Ph.D. and at least 17 years of full-time equivalent study = 25 points

* Two or more bachelor's degrees and at least 15 years ft equivalent study = 22 points

* 3-year diploma, trade cert. or apprenticeship and 15 years ft equivalent study. = 22 points

* University bachelor's degree of 2 years or more and 14 years of ft equiv. study = 20 points

* 2-year diploma, trade cert. or apprenticeship and 14 years ft equivalent study = 20 points

* One-year bachelor's university degree and at least 13 years of ft equiv. study = 15 points

* One-year diploma, trade cert. or apprenticeship and 13 years ft equiv. study = 15 points

* One-year diploma, trade cert, or apprenticeship and 12 years ft equiv. study = 12 points

* You completed high school = 5 points

Work Experience:

* 1 year = 15 points

* 2 years = 17 points

* 3 years = 19 points

* 4 years = 21 points

Arranged Employment:

* You have a permanent job offer = 10 points

* Job offer must have been confirmed by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC)

Adaptability:

* Spouse's or common-law partner's education = 3 - 5 points

* Minimum one year full-time authorized work in Canada = 5 points

* Minimum two years full-time authorized post-secondary study in Canada = 5 points

* You have received Points under the Arranged Employment in Canada factor = 5 points

* Family relationship in Canada = 5 points

Language Skills

Canada's official languages are English and French. You can choose whether your first assessed language is English or French. You get the highest points for fluency in both languages.

Language Skills - First Language

* High proficiency in first language = 16 points maxiumum

* Moderate proficiency in first language = 8 points maxiumum

* Basic proficiency in first language = 4 points maxiumum

* No proficiency in first language = 0 points

Language Skills - Second Language

* High proficiency in second language = 8 points maxiumum

* Moderate proficiency in second language = 8 points maxiumum

* Basic proficiency in second language = 8 points maxiumum

* No proficiency in second language = 0 points

Wow it look's truly astounding. I will go there one day for a wile. I speak to many people from Canada and they say it's a great place and it's always easy to find work. I think I would try a holliday before actually moving there though. But saying that I am moving to china without checking it out first ha ha.

Neko mate I see you mentioned Baker, I go to WWU... If we make any important finals we may have to meet in Vancouver...

I invited Neko out for a match once but the lazy S.O.B. wanted to sit in his lounger, at home, and not bevvy it up with the lads at the pub for a match.

Maybe he just hates gingers. I mean can you really blame him?

i have become somewhat of a hermit to many of my friends since we moved out of vancouver.

the fact is that i usually have the wife make me a nice breakfast while i am watching the match. it is very comfortable and warm, i must admit. drinking massive quantities of lager in the morning in a pub doesn't have the same appeal, sorry. i will try harder for the next big final.

i used to be a ginger in my youth. my hair went grey in my 20's, and then rapidly disappeared in my 30's. you would never know....

Wow it look's truly astounding. I will go there one day for a wile. I speak to many people from Canada and they say it's a great place and it's always easy to find work. I think I would try a holliday before actually moving there though. But saying that I am moving to china without checking it out first ha ha.

we have some pretty strict rules about spelling and grammar here, simon - not sure you'd fit in.

maybe try quebec - they speak a bastardized version of french there.

• 1 year later...

I'd like to know more about this please. Alot more.

• 3 months later...

No you're not, fail.

I like this thread. Canada, eh?