You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pokemon

philyhamann

My sister was well into these (I'm 10 years her senior so not really my generation), so I developed a spoof trump card game called pokeymen featuring amongst others a toilet that's special attack was the mysterious number 3.

I thought it was funny anyway.

• 12 years later...

Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow on the GameBoy were all fucking ace when I were a lad. I found an emulator online and played through it again when I was about 22. For a week or two I was coming home from work and playing it for hours on a laptop. Sad as fuck, but my god it’s addictive.

Got no time for all the new ones where they introduced hundreds more, but me and Turdsette have been watching the original series on Netflix. Sad as fuck, but my god it’s addictive. Then we found a demo for a new game on the Switch. It’s basically the original game but with 2021 graphics. Fucking hell. I simply have to do it. I’m not paying full whack for it but I know when it gets cheaper and we buy it she’ll get bored and I’ll end up losing hours of my life to it. 

Sad as fuck, but my god it’s addictive. 

53 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow on the GameBoy were all fucking ace when I were a lad. I found an emulator online and played through it again when I was about 22. For a week or two I was coming home from work and playing it for hours on a laptop. Sad as fuck, but my god it’s addictive.

Got no time for all the new ones where they introduced hundreds more, but me and Turdsette have been watching the original series on Netflix. Sad as fuck, but my god it’s addictive. Then we found a demo for a new game on the Switch. It’s basically the original game but with 2021 graphics. Fucking hell. I simply have to do it. I’m not paying full whack for it but I know when it gets cheaper and we buy it she’ll get bored and I’ll end up losing hours of my life to it. 

Sad as fuck, but my god it’s addictive. 

Nothing sad as fuck about it. It makes you happy, enjoy yourself without shame. 

For me I recently had a fun experience finding a box of my old stuff from 20 years ago in my dad's house, my 6 year old has recently got into pokemon a bit and his mind was blown by this treasure chest of ancient artifacts and pokemon cards from long before he existed, it's also been great dropping my knowledge on him and being able to name all of the various evolutions off the top of my head, he thinks I'm the coolest dad in the world. 

That's the shit I live for. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Nothing sad as fuck about it. It makes you happy, enjoy yourself without shame. 

For me I recently had a fun experience finding a box of my old stuff from 20 years ago in my dad's house, my 6 year old has recently got into pokemon a bit and his mind was blown by this treasure chest of ancient artifacts and pokemon cards from long before he existed, it's also been great dropping my knowledge on him and being able to name the various evolutions, he thinks I'm the coolest dad in the world. 

That's the shit I live for. 

Yes! Knowledge is power. I do the same.

My little girl sings along with the Team Rocket intro slogan thing that they sing in every episode. It’s boss. I want her to play the new one while I sit there going “No, no, you’ve got to go that way!” and then secretly start a new game on my profile to play when she goes to bed. 

• 3 months later...