You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Unbelievable. This has to be a wind-up right?

How did you know it was the dog owners car? There are a million sets of circumstances that could have led to those dogs being in a car for two hours, only one of which is cruelty.

The RSPCA (the experts) told you what to do (nothing) but in your infinate wisdom you knew better. Although saying that you didnt help the dogs but took it upon yourself to deliver what you thought was appropriate punishment.

Idiot

Bad case of anti-cat discrimination this morning.

Driving into work I noticed the traffic ahead of me swerving, and as I got closer I spotted a cat which had obviously been run over, writhing around on the floor.

There was nowhere to pull over, so a bit further down I phoned the police and said the cat was in bad nick, and that it could also casue an accident.

An hour later I phoned the press office to see if anything had been done, and they said they didn't bother going out because it was only a cat and the road wasn't blocked, but that they would have gone if it was a dog (something to do with the road and traffic act or some shit)

How harsh is that? I'm not the biggest fan of cats, in fact I hate them, but seeing it in distress like that was a bit shit.

Driving into work I noticed the traffic ahead of me swerving, and as I got closer I spotted a cat which had obviously been run over, writhing around on the floor.

There was nowhere to pull over, so a bit further down I phoned the police and said the cat was in bad nick, and that it could also casue an accident.

An hour later I phoned the press office to see if anything had been done, and they said they didn't bother going out because it was only a cat and the road wasn't blocked, but that they would have gone if it was a dog (something to do with the road and traffic act or some shit)

How harsh is that? I'm not the biggest fan of cats, in fact I hate them, but seeing it in distress like that was a bit shit.

Ever heard of a police cat? Tits off to the constabulary on this one. Look after your own. I'd have stopped and got out of my car and helped if it was a dog. I wouldn't have moved my steering wheel for a cat.

I love the way people are getting more upset about minor car damage than possible animal cruelty. Sums up 21st century attitudes pretty well actually.

Well for me its the fact we don't know the animals were mistreated but the car was stratched. Lack of facts, not even knowing if the punishment affected the EMO student (we don't know it was his car). That enough for you?

If the pups were young, say 8-16 weeks then it's not a good thing to do, but I wouldnt say it was quite cruelty, providing it was only for 2-3 hours, mind.

If the pups were older, then they would have been a lot more at ease in that situation so no real harm done.

I wouldnt have left them and I wouldnt have keyed the car either, but maybe keeping an eye out for the owner as he was getting in and asking for a word to suggest a way for him to avoid putting the pups in that situation again would have been better.

Were they in a crate (cage) at all? Any food or toys to chew etc?

Iirc, if youy hit a dog in your car, you're legally obliged to report the fact to the police whereas if you hit a cat, you're not even legally obliged to stop. I have no clue as to what kind of fucked-up logic is behind this.

Iirc, if youy hit a dog in your car, you're legally obliged to report the fact to the police whereas if you hit a cat, you're not even legally obliged to stop. I have no clue as to what kind of fucked-up logic is behind this.

It's because cats are classified under common law under the category of verminous cunts.

Fuck knows, a lot of laws like this date back centuries though don't they? Could be from a time when dogs were considered essential to businesses such as farms, while cats were seen as no better than vermin.

I read somewhere that killing a horse carries with it a seperate penalty aside from animal cruelty, that killing a horse is actually a crime in itself - don't know if that's bollocks or not.

Guest davelfc
Isn't it an offense to slam on the brakes in order to not hit a cat? God damn I love the laws of this land.

I don't think it's an offence to slam on your brakes at any time if there's a chance of hitting something in front of you. That's like a law demanding you run over cats. It is dangerous at speed to swerve, but surely instincts take over.

How would that even be prosecuted, split second decision as something ran out in front of you, is it a bird? is it a dog, naah it's a cat. Shit too late I've hit the brakes.

I don't think it's an offence to slam on your brakes at any time if there's a chance of hitting something in front of you. That's like a law demanding you run over cats.

How would that even be prosecuted, split second decision as something ran out in front of you, is it a bird? is it a dog, naah it's a cat. Shit too late I've hit the brakes.

If that doesn't exist how do you set the wheels in motion? It's common sense really

You did the right thing mate. As a responsible dog owner myself, I wouldn't leave my dog outside in the cold for 5 minutes, let alone a few hours. Especially considering how freezing it has been lately.